Chapter Fifty Seven

-Kareem's POV-

I left my sister's room and took the elevator to the parking lot of the hospital. I needed to go talk to my dad about why he hates Justin so much.

I pressed the unlock button on my key fob and climbed into my car. Going out into traffic, I looked into my rearview mirror just to look at the hospital, mostly Kacey's room.

I steered my attention back on the road.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Parking my car in the garage, I got out and left the garage. The doors closed behind me. I begin walking the steps to the door when I saw one of the maids carrying a garden hose.

"Hey," I stopped her.

"Yes Prince Kareem?"

I was surprised she called me by my formalities. "Yes do you know where my parents are?" I asked her. She begin walking to the garden shed and I followed her.

"I don't know for sure sir but last time I checked he was in his study," she said while placing the hose on one of the racks and begin straightening the shed up a bit.

"Thanks," I told her while hurrying off into the house. Stepping into the house seemed foreign to me. I felt like I didn't belong.

Roaming the house in search of my father, I stopped when something caught my eye. It was a picture of both my sister and I as newborns with a little tiara on her head and a crown on mines. In between our portraits was the family martin symbol. A crown with the word Martin in the middle.

I still couldn't believe they left that up there. I heavily sighed.

"My son is that you?"

I turned and saw my mother. "Sweetheart what are you doing here?" She hugged me and I hugged her back. I instantly melted in my mother's embrace. I missed this feeling so much.

"I came here to talk to dad," I told her.

"Your Father is in an important phone call right now."

I nodded. We stayed in silence and I looked at my sister's and I portraits again.

"I still can't believe you and dad still have my picture." I whispered to myself.

"Why wouldn't we? You are still our son and love you very much," she said.

"Cause of when dad and I had that argument when I was eighteen and he kicked me out."

Mom sighed and shook her head. "Kareem you know what was expected of you when you turned eighteen," she said.

I gawked at my mother. "So now you are defending him?"

I began walking off before I felt her hand on my shoulder. "No I'm not but Kareem you really hurt him by turning down the throne. I will say he was wrong by yelling at you but you know you were born to be the next on the throne. But I'm glad you did."

"You-."

"Yes. I'm glad because you showed your Father that you can make things happen on your own. That you are a independent, strong, and bright young man and I couldn't be prouder," she said while kissing me on the cheek.

I smiled at my Mother. Well more of a small smile. "But mom I just keep thinking that I wasn't strong or brave enough."

"Don't think like that and you were for standing up to your father and proving to him that you can do things on your own. I'm very proud of you and your company."

"Thank momma but I do need to ask you something." I needed to get off the subject about me.

"Okay but let's go into your Father's office and lets talk there," she said.

She led us to another flight of stairs and up to dad's study. "Excuse us but my son and I need to talk. So that'll be enough cleaning for now," she told the maids and butlers of the room. They began exiting and curtsying my mother and I.

"Along with the guards. We need complete privacy."

The guards by the doors exited the room too. Once the room was completely empty, one of the guards closed the door and my mom and I were alone.

I looked around his study and saw that it was being redesigned. There were some paintings and potriats of us and in one corner, some of Trevor's pictures.

"Your uncle decided to make some arrangements to the house so we have to redesign it. But anyway what is it that you really wanted to talk about?" she asked me.

We sat down on the sofa. "Ma tell me why does dad hate Justin so much? I mean what does he have against someone that he doesn't even know?"

Mom began to play with her hair, she's nervous. She began looking at everything and anything but at me. "Mom."

"I don't know how to explain this to you. I thought I would never have to tell this to you nor Kacey," she said while shaking her right leg, twirling her head and licking her lips. I placed my hand on her leg to stop it from shaking.

Moving her head so she could look at me I asked her why does dad hate Justin so much.

"Kareem your father has a reason not to like Justin and it has to do something with how he's parents raised him and how they acted towards other people," she began.

The fuck is she talking about. What does my dad's parents have to do with why dad doesn't like Justin?

"Kareem do you know why you haven't meet your grandmother and grandfather?"

Shaking my head no and going back to the times where we only meet grandma and whenever we had family gatherings, meetings, family vacations or anything else, dad would ask his parents to come but they would always say that they had something else to do and that they couldn't make it.

I never saw them and I never knew why they acted like that.

"Kareem its because your father's parents doesn't like black people and they hate me and you and Kacey."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

I'm so pissed at y'all! I didn't reach my goal but its okay. Jesus said quit being mean and update so I did. You welcome ungrateful bitches 😘

Votes: 20+
Comments: 5+