Chapter Twenty-Six

I finished cooking as soon as Justin got out the shower, that's how long he was in the shower. He came downstairs fully clothed. About time.

I was pouring the cream of mushroom into the pot when I heard Justin talking.

"No Chaz we can't just attack yet and you know that," I heard Justin whisper. More like whisper yelling. I stopped my stirring to feed my curiosity.

What were they talking about? I ducked behind the kitchen island and tried to maintain very quiet.

....

"Look we can't talk now."

....

"Because Kacey might overhear dumbass."

....

"Yea bye."

Who are they talking about attacking? Is it Uncle Trevor?

"Looking for something."

I jumped at Justin's voice, placing my hand over my heart. I quickly gathered my myself and tried to slow down my heartbeat.

"Justin you gave me a fright."

He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at me. "Care to explain why you are on the floor?"

I quickly searched through my thoughts for a fib. 'Think Kacey." I really have to learn to eavesdrop. I always get caught.

I remember me being ten. It was three weeks before Christmas and Kareem and I were anxious to get our presents. I still remembered what I want till this day. It was the whole collection of Bratz, a pink bicycle and a makeup kit. Fake of course. Kareem wanted some Ninja Turtles figurines and a Spider-Man costume for whatever reason.

Anyways we wanted to see if our loving parents actually got it for us. So one night, Kareem and I couldn't wait until Christmas to find out so we went by daddy's study and luckily they were talking about all the Christmas presents they were getting everyone.

"Did Kacey and Kareem mention what they wanted for Christmas?" I heard my father ask my mom. We held our ears close for that part.

"Kareem quit breathing so heavy," I softly nudged him from the door. I still don't understand why he couldn't breath from his mouth.

"I'm not breathing heavy," he said while nudging me back. So long story short, Kareem and I broke out into a fight and mom and dad had to break it up. We was on punishment for a week but we still got everything we wanted.

So yes, I cannot be sneaky for nothing in the world. "I'm waiting," Justin said while still holding his gaze on me.

"I lost a contact," I told him while feeling on the floor for my imaginary contact. "I'll help you then," he said while smirking at me and bending on his knees.

"Would you look at that? I found it. I'll put it in some eye drops," I told him while getting off the floor and quickly descending up the stairs to my room. I heard a soft chuckle while I was going up the stairs. Why do I always embarrass myself in front of Justin? I slammed the palm of my hand into my forehead and muttered 'stupid' to myself multiple times.

When I was sure I was done embarrassing myself, I went back downstairs to find Justin already eating. "There you are. Oh my god this is sooo good. Where did you learn to cook like this?" He asked me.

"Cause I'm black," I said in a 'duh' way while laughing. He laughed alongside with me and took another forkful of spaghetti.

"Stay here forever," he told me.

I went around him to get something to eat too. "No can do. After this whole thing blows over, I'm back to Ćenàla to serve as Queen."

"I don't see how can anyone serve as queen or rule any country for that matter. That shit sounds stressful," he said.

I sighed deeply. Some people will kill to be in my shoes but I don't understand why. Ruling a country isn't always that crack up to be. I mean who wants to deal with politics, government issues, wars, etc.

I'm not even Queen yet and I'm already stressed. "I would love to have a normal life," I told Justin.

"You do have a normal life. Sort of."

"How when I never been to a regular school, never learned to drive nor just simply been regular?" I asked him. I ate some of my spaghetti while waiting for Justin's response.

"Well, I mean you can live a normal life while you're staying in L.A for the time being."

Does he not realize that I'm hiding from my Uncle who is trying to kill me? His own blood. Yeah, normal.

"Or in your case, try." He said as if he was reading my thoughts. I shook my head and sat at the island.

"Can you atleast teach me how to drive? I always wanted to learn but my daddy says who needs to learn how to drive when we have chauffeurs," I asked him. He laughed and said "sure."

After lunch with Justin, my phone buzzed. I had a message from Cookie.

'Need to advice. Be there in like 3 minutes.'

'About what?'

'A guy.'

I don't know anything about men. Nonetheless dating.

'Uhm ... I can try to help you. I'm not certain that I'll be helpful.'

'Please Kacey. I can't talk to Mel. She's with Zay.'

'Who's that?'

'Her ex and I'm right outside so open up.'

I went downstairs and saw Justin and Khalil in the kitchen playing Spades. "Hey wifey," Khalil said.

I stopped in front of the door and looked at Khalil, raising my eyebrows at the foreign word. "Wifey?" I asked hoping that Justin will clarify the term. "That basically means your his wife," Justin said while throwing out a six of spades and taking Khalil's book.

I opened the door for Cookie and she stepped in. I closed the door behind her. "I heard that. I thought you liked Mel?" Cookie asked while folding her arms and walking into the kitchen.

"She tripping right now but Kacey my wifey. And forever will be," he said while winking at me.

"Well where's my ring?" I asked h whole placing my hands on my hips.

Khalil opened and closed his mouth, thinking of what to say. Cookie laughed and said "Look at 'em, STUCK!" Justin burst out into laughter and I smirked at Khalil. "C'mon Cookie let's go into my room."

I grabbed her hand and we headed up towards my bedroom.