Chapter Fourty Eight

-Justin's POV-

Not really knowing how to take in her confession to me, all I could do was kiss her.

How could I describe the kiss between her and I?

The kiss held everything that I never felt with the girls that I've messed around with and Selena. I felt passion, desire, but most of all love.

Just one last time is the last time that I'll kiss Kacey.

This woman was amazing in every way. From the way her skin glowed as if she's been sun kissed, from the way her brown eyes shone and lit up when she smiled, and the way she smiled. It was God's perfect creation and I couldn't and wouldn't hurt her with my fucked up ways. Nor look at her as one of the girls that I fuck. Cause Kacey was more than that and she deserves more.

I broke the kiss and held my head down.

I pressed her body towards mines some more and laid my head on her breasts. She held my head and began stroking my hair. "Justin what's wrong? Did I say something wrong or anything?"

I sighed and sat up, still looking down and everywhere else but at her. I took in a deep breath. The hardest thing in the world is breaking a woman's heart. They are fragile little things.

Men are set off by actions, Women words. Sometimes I'm careful about the way I say things to them. Not hoes though. Fuck them.

Before speaking, I licked my lips.

"No baby girl, you said everything right but I can't be with you."

Before I could try to explain why, she got up from my lap. I got hurt from her gesture.

"Kacey you just -."

"I knew I should've kept my feelings from you and just try to push them away. Just forget that I said anything," she said while beginning to walk away. I hopped up from the bed and grabbed her.

"Let me go Justin," she said while trying to push me away.

"No. Just hear me out," I said. While she was tugging away from me, I was pulling her close to me. It was a game of tug of war.

"No."

"Kacey, it's more than what you think. I like you too but I can't -."

"Is it because of my race? My family? The way I look?"

"No, no, no," I walked over to her and squatted a little. I picked her up from her thighs and she instantly wrapped her legs around my waist. She squealed a little.

Now I could finally look at her. She was thinking of the wrong things about why I couldn't be with her. It wasn't her. It was me. Cliché I know but it was the God honest truth.

Laying her on the bed, I began kissing her forehead, cheek, nose, chin, and etc. "You are perfect in every way and this has nothing to do with you nor your family. Its more to me than what you see now. And Kacey I just can't hurt you," I told her.

Tears began pooling her eyes and when every teardrop fell, I kissed them away.

"Justin you're perfect to me. I love you for you. I don't care about your flaws or your past."

I looked in her eyes and knew that she meant every word. "Kacey, you need a real man. I'm not that man for you. We can't-."

She began to shake her head and trying to get off from under me. "Kacey it's just-."

"Just let me up Justin," she said while pushing me off of her.

She finally managed to break free from under me. She grabbed the doorknob and she ran out of my room. Kacey ran to the elevator and before I could reach her, the doors closed.

"Fuck!"

I punched a hole in the wall, not caring about the blood trickling from my knuckles. I walked back to my room and slammed the door behind me. Sitting back down on the bed, I collapsed back on the bed and placed my forearms over my eyes.

I should've kept my feelings to myself.  Not only was she hurting, but I was hurting too.

-Kacey's POV-

Shaking uncontrollably, I placed my hands above my head and try to calm my breathing. I should've known that he didn't love me. I am so stupid. I guess I'm one of those girls who wears their hearts on their sleeves.

Laughing sarcastically at myself, I heard a males voice behind me.

"Looks like you've been having a terrible day."

I turned and saw a man in the corner of the elevator. He was about 5'11, had maybe black or dark brown hair. It was hard to say since the florescent lighting wasn't helping and also the wide brimmed hat he had made it hard to see. He also had a goatee.

"Terrible seems like too much of a nice word," I said while folding my arms across my chest, leaning against the wall.

"That bad huh?"

He reached inside his coat pocket and grabbed a miniature box. It was a pack of Newport's. He grabbed a cigarette and placed it in his mouth.

"I can't even describe and tell you about what's been on in my life. It's just that messed up right now," I sighed.

I wish I could turn back the clock and rearrange some things that happened in my life. So I didn't have to deal with these situations right now. I'm twenty years old and stressing like I'm thirty five.

The elevator reached a floor and once it opened I saw that it was the lobby.

The man lit his cigarette and took a drag. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I got off the elevator. I saw the receptionist from the other day and he smiled and waved at me. I waved back.

"Are you okay with talking to me about it?"

"If you don't mind," I told him while turning my attention back to him.

He took another drag from his cigarette and stepped out of the elevator.

"No I'm all ears. By the way my name is Rinaldo," he said while placing our his hand.

"Kacey."

I placed my hand in his and shook it.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Votes: 10+
Comments: 5+