02

"Shit!" I muttered curses under my breath as I dropped the loaf of bread I was carefully trying to balance on top of my loaded down arms. 

I should have grabbed a cart but I wasn't really expecting to grab this many groceries when I got to the store. I originally only planned on getting chicken for tomorrow but somehow I found myself searching up and down the rest of the stores isles for whatever else we might need at the house.

I crouched down carefully to retrieve the bread from the floor while trying not to spill anything else I was carrying. I extended my thumb and index out grabbing the plastic wrap between my two fingers and stood back up straight.

I sighed to myself in relief wanting nothing more than to get to the register and relieve my now aching arms. I turned quickly to my left now in a determination to leave, only to be knocked back by a larger body.

My face dropped, my eyes shooting wide and my mouth hung open as the egg carton slipped from my arm and hit the floor. On the way down the carton opened and to my horror the eggs splattered all over the tiled floor and onto what looked to be very expensive boots.

My carton of broken eggs, bread, sliced cheese and box of cereal now laid sprawled out on the floor of the store.

My eyes shot up to meet the strangers cold green eyes. I've never seen eyes like those before...

I instantly felt captivated by them.

Snapping out of it I searched the rest of his face and found that it showed no expression. I couldn't tell whether he was angry or not— Well, he was clearly angry as I could visibly see his clenched jaw, but I couldn't tell the extent of his anger.

His expressionless glare was pretty intimidating though.

His curly dark chestnut hair nearly fell down into his eyes as he stared into mine with his head dipped. An infinity earring dangled from one of his ears moving just a bit to show that he had recently just moved his head, though he hadn't taken his eyes off of me. As I continued to scan over his face I noticed a scar trailing along his left cheek bone and up to his temple.

My hands start to shake from the intimidation that I was beginning to feel and I wanted to get out of here as quickly as I could.

"I— Uh, I'm so—" I stuttered over my words as I tried to apologize to the man standing in front of me.

My brain felt like putty, I couldn't even form a coherent sentence with the way he was staring at me.

My mouth went dry and I felt like the air had been sucked from my lungs. His light eyes continued to burn into mine as he stood there not moving. I was almost convinced he was a statue someone had placed in the middle of the isle with the way he stood frozen with his gaze locked on mine.

I started to feel frozen myself. It was almost as if I were scared to move. My breathing became shallow and my eyes started to burn from the intense stare down I was in.

This is getting uncomfortably awkward.

"We need to—" A Irish accent spoke to my right from the beginning of the aisle.

I turned my head to look at who was speaking, dragging my eyes from the intoxicating pair of green ones I had been having a staring contest with.

The Irish guy had blonde hair that was styled upwards with his darker roots showing against the rest of his hair. Both of his arms were heavily tattooed and I could see them continue up the side of his neck. The left side of his lip had a hoop lip piercing and his eyes were an icy blue. As he took a few steps towards us I could see greenish yellow rims around his pupils. He wore a plain white shirt and black skinny jeans with a hole in one of the knees.