47

I stumbled down the stairs of the house, my groggy mind needing nothing more than to down an entire bottle of water right now.

My back is aching from sleeping on the floor— it's been years since I've done that. After going to my aunts I've always had a bed to sleep in so spending the night on my closet floor left my lower back in knots.

I woke up about twenty minutes ago. I woke up screaming, my body in a cold sweat left from the night terror I was having. I just laid on the floor trying to calm myself down for the better part of fifteen minutes.

With my chest aching and palms still sweating I was finally able to lift myself from the floor to go into the bathroom. I locked Harrys door as quietly as I could in case he was in there so he wouldn't know I was awake. I gathered my medicines and put them back in their place onto my dresser before quickly taking them and finishing off the partial water bottle I had left.

The pills I had dumped out last night were for my PTSD, which while it's unfortunate, I'll be okay until I can talk to Millie about getting a new refill. Although I'm not quite sure how I'm going to explain to her that Harry forced me into a mental breaking point that caused me to dump an entire bottle down the toilet...

My throat is still raw from crying last night and from waking up screaming this morning so the little bit of water I had left over in the bottle in my room wasn't enough to help dull the ache in my throat. So that's why I'm heading down to the kitchen to get more water. I'm hoping that if I drink some more it'll help soothe the pain I was feeling.

I made it about halfway down the stairs before the sound of voices in the foyer caught my attention. Looking to my left my breath caught in my throat at the first thing that caught my eye.

Five men stood in the foyer near the front door. One of them beingall too familiar to me.

Across from the five men stood Thalia, Millie, Louis, Liam, Niall and Harry.

"Ah..." The familiar voice spoke. "I remember you."

My skin crawled as I looked back to the man. I gulped at the memory, the memory of the night I got to the house.

"Who's the girl?" The man asked to my horror.

I felt my stomach drop at his words. My blood running cold as Harrys hand pressed harder into my back, pulling himself a little closer to me.

"Need to have ourselves a bit of a pick me up." Niall spoke, his voice not even sounding like it belonged to him.

"Let's have a look then." The man finally broke the silence between them. "Look at me, girl."

A shudder ran down my spine, fear coursing through my body as I kept my eyes trained on the ground in front of me. Niall told me not to look at anyone so I've been looking at the ground the entire time.

"I said, look at me." I heard the voice grumble out again, this time in a sickening demand.

My breath hitched as he spoke to me again, and I felt Harry's grip tighten. "Look at him." He said in a hushed voice.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly before slowly pulling my head up to face him. I sat there momentarily with shut eyes, my body frozen.

Finally I opened my eyes and I was instantly was flooded with regret. I felt like I was going to pass out from the sight before me.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing." The man spoke again, pulling my attention back to him.

I flicked my wide eyes to the right slightly to see him for the first time. And he looked... deadly.