20

When I woke up this morning the room was just beginning to lighten up due to the sun rising. The gentle light was creeping in through the curtains that Harry had left pulled open.

His room was actually really beautiful now that I was getting to see it properly. The wall facing out towards the trees was made entirely of glass, long floor length blackout curtains covering majority of the view.

There was a guitar shoved in the corner of his room, but nothing else. No dressers or anything. Besides the guitar the only other things were his bed and two nights stands on either side.

The light colored walls of his room were bare, nothing hanging on them causing the room to look extremely hallow. The dark hardwood floor contrasted against everything, including his light colored bed set.

It's definitely not what I would have expected his room to be.

Harry was still asleep on his side facing me, one of his hands tucked under his cheek causing his parted lips to pucker a bit. His curly hair was sticking up a in various spots to show that he had probably rolled over in the night at some point but then ended up rolling back to face me again.

I let my eyes wander over his features for a few minutes, the  morning light casting on him to make him seem as if he were glowing. It was strange seeing that his face wasn't in its usual scowl, his brows not knitted together in worry.

He looked peaceful.

After a bit longer I slowly crept out of his bed, stopping at the foot of the bed to pet Jake's soft head and tell him that he's a good boy, then I quickly made my way into the bathroom.

I quietly shut the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief after knowing that I didn't wake Harry up. I then walked over to the vanity and assessed the damage that I could see Harry had caused to me last night.

There were light bruises on my neck, each in the places that his fingers had pinched into my skin. I quickly pulled out my make up and did what I could to cover the marks, both for the fact I didn't want people to know I had gone into his room, and also because I didn't want Harry to see what he had done.

After I was done I decided to get some water, my throat still feeling scratchy from last nights events. So I put on my slippers and brushed through my wild morning hair, then headed down stairs.

When I got down the stairs and into the hallway I could hear a few voices in the kitchen, all three of them talking in hushed tones.

"I heard him again last night." Thalia spoke. "It's been a while since he's had one."

"That's because he hasn't been sleeping, he's been too strung out." Niall responded.

"Was it a bad one?" I heard Millie ask in reference to what Thalia had said.

"It didn't last as long as usual. It seemed shorter." Thalia said in a very monotone voice.

"He probably woke himself up." Niall added.

After that I made my presence known, shuffling my slippers along the floor a bit to try and let them hear me.

I feel like they were all up really early, but I didn't question it. I just got my water bottle and sat with everyone at the island as Thalia cooked breakfast.

As we ate no one called Harry or went to wake him up. I'm assuming everyone was wanting to let him sleep or give him some sort of privacy after last night.

It wasn't until a few hours after lunch that he finally came down stairs. Niall and I had just come in from running laps around the backyard and I felt like my legs were going to give out from under me.