10

My lips parted slightly in a small gasp as he spoke. His breath fanning across me as he let out a short huff of amusement. He must have felt the way my entire body tensed up when he spoke.

He lifted his head up, his eyes meeting mine again causing my stomach to do backflips. His eyes flashed up to where his sunglasses sat perched on the top of my head and a few seconds later he slowly reached up and pulled them from me, sliding them into his back pocket.

His other hand reached up to strand of hair resting over my shoulder. He took it between his fingers, then slowly moved his hand up to tuck the hair back behind my shoulder.

How can someone like him, someone who threatened to take me back to Conner, the one who had roofied me and was forcing himself on me, be the same one who saved me from Conner?

How can this be the same person who verbally abuses anyone he speaks to? And, not only that, but the fact that with each look he gives his friends you can see the fear in their eyes. It's sad to me. It's sad that his friends, the people who are supposed to be the closest to him, are scared of him.

Well, everyone except for Niall it seems.

And I know that I should be trembling in fear from him right now. I know I should be pushing him away from me and locking myself as far away from him as I can, but looking into his eyes I can't help but feel... stuck.

I don't know if that's the right word but I can feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins, yet I can't move. His smell is intoxicating me, his body heat causing me to get hot from the close encasement, yet I just can't move.

His eyes... No matter how cold they look, how distant they are as he stares into mine, they set my skin on fire. They cause my stomach to erupt in butterflies, my knees to go weak and my breath to hitch in my lungs.

However, his mood swings are giving me whiplash.

I'm never sure what to expect with him. One minute he's snapping at me, then the next we're having a civil conversation, then next thing I know he has me pinned to a wall. It's kind of like a guessing game with him.

A game that I really don't want to play.

Why would I even allow him to do this in the first place? I should be pushing him off of me and going off on him for even thinking that it was okay for him to try something like this.

I should be.

Yet, here I stand. Not pushing him off. Not going off on him. Just standing here and allowing him to cage me against the wall.

"Anything else?" Harrys asked as his eyes flashed down to my lips, his tongue swiping across his bottom one as he looked back up to my eyes.

"I— I thought that I only get one question a day...?" I barely mumbled audible enough for myself to hear.

Harrys lips pulled up into a smirk, his eyes dropping down to my lips again. "That's not what I meant."

"Uh, am I interrupting something?" I heard an Irish voice sound from across the room.

My head snapped to the side to see Niall standing in the doorway with a bunch of canvases in his arms, his eyebrow cocked with a mix of confusion and amusement spread across his face.

Harry pushed himself from the wall with a heavy sigh, his arm falling down to his side as he did so.

"I waited for ya to come down, but 'chya never did so I decided to go ahead and grab 'em myself." Niall spoke again as he began walking across my new bedroom to set the canvases down on the ground next to the dresser on the wall.