08

I felt a swirl in my stomach as our eyes stayed connected. This long of eye contact was making my skin feel tingly like I had electricity coursing through me.

"Well?" His gravelly voice sent a shiver down my spine.

My mouth was drier than the Atacama, which if you didn't know, is the driest place on earth.

In this moment I missed his silence. I never thought I would want someone to ignore me so bad in my life, but right now I was wishing he'd go back to his statue-like state where he doesn't speak and acts like he doesn't care about anything.

Why of all times did he have to decide to care about something, now?

I looked over to Niall who stared at me just as patiently with his glimmering blue eyes awaiting my response and I instantly felt bad not wanting to hurt his feelings.

Why do I care about that? They kidnapped me.

I fiddled with my hands, thinking about how I was going to approach this without sounding like an idiot or hurting anyones feelings in the process.
"Uh, it's a hard ques–" I tried only to be cut off by Harry.

"Doesn't matter. You answered it and I want to know what it was." Harry stated bluntly as his lips twitched up into a smirk.

Oh fuck.

My throat started closing as I saw the small smirk grow onto his lips. The simple action proving he could do something other than glare.

And at this moment, I knew I was completely and utterly screwed.

Just as fast as the smirk had appeared, it went away. His face returning to his normal stoic features causing my chest to heave slightly in appreciation that I didn't have to keep staring at him dumbfounded.

"Come on, spit it out darlin'." Niall spoke from beside me to try and push me to speak.

"Who's..." I cleared my hoarse throat bringing my eyes down to the floor in front of me. "Who's the most attractive." I mumbled feeling the heat rise in my cheeks from embarrassment.

Niall let out a playful scoff, placing his hand over his heart. "Ouch."

"Sorry." I pursed my lips looking up to Niall.

His lips formed back into his normal smirk. "Not worried about it darlin'. I know you still like me better." He winked at me to try and lighten the mood a bit.

I shook my head letting out a laugh of my own. "Definitely."

I looked down between us grabbing the bottle between my fingers and without another thought I lifted it up and took off the top before raising it to my lips. I tilted my head back to allow the liquid to pour into my mouth in near mouthfuls. I gulped down one drink and let the liquid continue on to form another.

Swallowing it down I pulled the bottle from my lips grimacing slightly as the burn filled my chest making my entire body feel warm. I put the top back on and wiped my lips with the back of my hand.

"Slow down, darlin'. Don't want you dropping to the floor." Niall said as he watched me out the bottle back down.

"I'm fine." I said crossing my left leg over my right one. "I've worked in a club for two years and I had been drinking for years before that. I can handle it." I told him truthfully. "Plus, I still don't know what's going on with all of this. I figure if I'm going to die I might as well party one more time."

Niall cocked his head to the side slightly with a playful gleam in his eyes. "So we do have a partier then?" His smirk growing on his lips until it was a toothy smile.