78

The word panicking doesn't even come close to covering what I'm feeling right now.

My heart hasn't beat the same since we left the house. It's been an erratic mess and now my breathing is getting faster.

I'm currently in the car with Harry, Thalia and Jade. Niall, Louis, Millie and Liam took Louis' car and they are driving behind us. We just left the hotel where we dropped off our bags with security and apparently they are going to take them up to the penthouse for us.

I partially forgot that Harry's dad owned hotels until we pulled up to building identical to the one in Portland. Once Harry's trunk was closed he pulled off and waited for Louis car to be unloaded as well.

The drive to the hotel was about an hour, the clock on Harry's dash was reading 6:48 as we left the parking lot.

I'm not sure how far the event is from the hotel, but I'm assuming it's not too far since Harry did tell me that we are all staying at the hotel tonight so that we don't have to drive all the way back to the house from his fathers.

By the time the clock read 6:56 the car was slowing down and Harry was turning right onto a secluded road. We drove in silence, no one talking, not even music playing. The silence definitely made this whole ordeal even more gut wrenching.

The road was lined with palm trees on the side of a huge hill causing it to look like it popped straight off of a, "Welcome to California" magazine.

I'm pretty sure that we are in Calabasas. I mean, other than LA and Beverly Hills this is where a lot of the insanely rich people live, right?

My eyes wandered over the road, my gaze falling up the driveway to where a large black gate was opened. The closer that we got I noticed that there were two men on either side of the gate dressed in black suits, each with visible guns positioned in their hands. On the driver side of the gate was another man in a white and black suit holding a tablet in his hand.

The closer that we got the more that my heart began to beat erratically. Harry's hand had been resting on my thigh for the majority of the trip here other than when he would smoke a cigarette, but as we got closer he swapped his hand over to steer so that he could roll his window down with the other.

Pulling to a stop, his window was now completely down and the man with the tabet in his hand approached the window. His head ducked down to the window and a nervous laugh escaped from him almost instantly. "O-oh! Mr. Styles. H-hello, sir. I wasn't expecting you to make it tonight."

"Well, we're here." Harry spoke, his posture stiff as he stared at the man on the outside of his car.

"You, uh— I'm sorry, sir but you don't seem to be on the list." The man spoke in obvious fear of Harry's reaction.

"This is my fathers event, I don't need to have a fuckin' invitation to it." Harry pulled his sunglasses from his eyes and slammed them into the cup holder.

"M-Mr. Styles, I—" The man cut himself off as his head turned to the side slightly. His eyes unfocused and for a moment I was confused until I saw him raise his hand up to the ear piece he was wearing, press it and say, "Yes, sir." The man then looked back at Harry and tried to offer him a smile. "Apologies, Mr. Styles. It seems that there was a mix up with the list. Go ahead and go in. Enjoy your night, sir."

Harry pulled off without another word, his hands clutching his steering wheel so tightly that it caused him to have white knuckles. His eyes flashed up to the rear view mirror, my eyes shifting to the passenger window to make sure that Louis' car made it through as well.

Louis didn't even stop, he just drove straight past the man with the tablet. He just continued forward behind Harry down the road. Once I knew that the others made it through I shifted my eyes back forward and nearly had a heart attack at what I was seeing.