72

The sound of my phone chiming on the bedside table caused my sleepy eyes to reluctantly blink awake.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

One after another the texts were coming through.

The sound had pulled me from my sleep, so I guess it's safe in assuming that I had forgotten to turn my ringer off last night before bed. I felt Harry stir from on top of me as he too was clearly getting woken up from the texts that were coming through on my phone.

I reached blindly beside me, my fingertips grazing over the counter of the bedside table until I was finally met with the feeling of my phone. I grabbed a hold of it and pulled it over to me, more texts still ringing through.

chloe:
someone is following me
this is the third time i have seen them in the last 24 hours
they park in your spot in the parking garage at the apartment and everytime i leave they do too
i've seen them at the club while im working.
i've seen them in the store.
i have no idea who they are
i'm almost tempted to tell my dad about it but i know that he would just try to convince me to come back home to texas
wherever i go i see a black suv with tinted windows that i cant see into
and the guy thats following me is kind of scary... he is covered in tattoos, wears all black and sunglasses. even when he's inside.
what kind of asshole wears shades inside?
i don't know what to do.
8:34am

I sat up straight in the bed, Harry falling off of me with a huff as I scooted further up the bed. I read through the messages again, my heart pounding as I took in what she wrote.

me:
when did you start to notice them?
have they ever approached you?
what do they look like?
8:35am

"You okay?"

I looked over to see Harry pushing himself up to sit next to me against the headboard. His eyes were on mine with concern laced through them as he waited for me to answer.

"Uh..." I looked back down to my phone as another text rang through. "It's Chloe. She said that someone is following her."

"It's probably just our team." Harry offered fairly quickly.

I nodded, "I know but how am I supposed to tell her that? It's not like I can just dismiss it and tell her not to worry about it. And besides, aren't your people supposed to be discreet or something? Why is she noticing him? Why are they not trying to hide themselves from her?"

"I don't know..." Harry mumbled, his eyes moving down to my phone as I received another text.

"If this isn't one of your guys this can be really bad." I said honestly. "I mean, if it isn't one of your people then it has to be one of Conner's."

I shifted my eyes back down to my phone as I finished talking and quickly started reading over Chloe's texts.

chloe:
i noticed them for the first time about two weeks ago
i saw the car parked in your spot, then i saw it again in the parking lot when i was leaving work a few days later.
but within the last few days it has gotten more frequent.
i have seen two different guys, but the one that i see the most is a little taller than me. he's kind of muscular, but not huge. he's covered in tattoos and he has dark hair. i can't really get any other details because i only see him from a distance, but it's starting to get scary.
8:38am

"What's she saying?"

I glanced over at Harry as he watched me typing on my phone, his brows together knit in worry.