74

TW: Blood, talk of violence and death.

Harry Styles
December 21, 2011- Age 13

Everything hurt. Yet, at the same time it felt like I couldn't feel anything.

How could that be possible? How can I feel pain, yet feel like I'm bodiless?

I don't think I'm making any sense.

My mind doesn't feel right. My body doesn't feel right.

Where am I?

How did I get here?

Why can't I see anything?

What happened to me?

My lungs feel like they are on fire, but I'm breathing. Wait— I am breathing, right? I think I am. I think I'm alive. I'm pretty sure I am.

My eyes are closed.

That's why I can't see anything... Okay, so then I just need to open my eyes.

But it feels like even that small action is too much for my body to handle. Why am I so tired? Why can't I even open my eyes?

Again I tried and failed, my body was falling useless as I tried to complete the once simple task of opening my eyes.

Where am I?

Why can't I move?

Conner.

That single thought alone was enough to make my eyes snap open, the glow in the sky above me was showing that the sun was going to be coming up soon.

Conner was here. Conner was here with his men. They were in my room. They– Oh my god, they threw me out of my window.

I think that's where I am. I think I'm laying in the front yard.

My eyes shifted and I was able to see my broken window from the third story. There was snow on the window sill, fresh it seemed. Untouched by the violence from the night.

I need to get up.

I need to find my mum and Thalia. I need to make sure that they are okay.

They have to be. I will never forgive myself if they aren't. It was my job to protect them and I failed.

I failed them.

I willed my eyes to look down, my breath hitching in my throat as my eyes met my own skin.

There was blood everywhere.

Glass was lodged into random places along my arm from my elbow up to my chest. My shirt was tattered and frozen to my skin from the blood, the glass protruding out of me looked to be frozen in place.

The glass was frozen to my body.

I need to get up.

I need to move.

A silent cry of pain left me— My own voice lodging in my throat as I tried to move.

Everything hurts. I feel like I'm on fire, yet I'm frozen in place and can't put out any of the flames.

I laid there, my eyes pinching shut as I tried to breathe my way through the pain. It's one of the things that we are taught in early training. You can't let your pain overcome you. You have to fight through it if you want to live.