58

With a raging hangover I made my way slowly into the kitchen, my fingers running circles on my temples as my head throbbed with each step I took. After we got back from the beach yesterday Niall had the brilliant idea of going behind the bar and making drinks for everyone.

Well, one drink somehow turned into five with shots mixed in between. We got in the pool for a night swim, all of us heavily drunk and everyone, as always, telling me to stay in the shallow end.

This time it was because we were all drunk and no one felt like diving to the bottom of the pool to save me.

I'm sure I would have been more embarrassed by the statement if I hadn't been drunk.

"Here." Niall popped open a beer as soon as he saw me slump down onto a chair in the kitchen.

"I hate beer." I groaned out. "I really just want water."

"No one actually likes beer." Niall said sliding the can across the table towards me. "But drinking it in the morning when youre hungover helps you feel less shitty."

"Since when do you guys even drink beer?" I questioned looking down to the Coors can in front of me.

Niall shrugged, "We don't really, especially not this cheap shit. But like I said, it helps with hangovers so we tend to keep them around the house for mornings like this."

I looked around the kitchen, the sun already up in the sky, though the clouds were hindering most of the light. "What time is it? It seems dark outside"

"There's suppose to be a huge storm today, it's almost 10." He said taking back a drink of his own beer. "Thalia must be sick or something because she never misses making breakfast."

"Thalia's right here, calm the fuck down." I turned my head to see Thalia slaughtering into the kitchen.

Her short hair was a touseled mess from sleep she wore her glasses, a black sports bra and work out shorts, something that she wore quite often in the mornings.

She sighed as she sat down at the bar a stool down from me, her head falling into her hands as Niall sucked in a sharp breath. "You look like shit."

"Still look better than you." She shot back without looking up.

"Want a beer?" Niall asked, brushing off her jab.

"I'd rather die, thanks."

"Suit yourself." Niall shrugged as he sat down across from us.

Thalia groaned as she lifted her head up to look at Niall. "Didn't get any bloody sleep last night, my heads fuckin' pounding. Jade called and it was already seven in the morning by the time we hung up. You're going to have to order in some food because I'm not making anything today."

"You sure?" Niall questioned.

"If I stand over that stove right now I'll be sick everywhere."

"Ordering in it is." Niall said nodding as he pulled his phone from out of his pocket.

I turned my head to look at Thalia, her eyes flashing to mine before she turned to face forward again, her head falling back into her hands.

"Can I ask a question?" I shot out suddenly, her head rolling onto her palm to look at me. "If it's too personal or something like that, you don't have to answer it."

"What's your question?" She raised her brows at me in curiosity.

"I was just wondering why you make breakfast every morning. I mea— uh, that sounded bad. I didn't mean it like that. I love your cooking and I'm not complaining about it, I just was... wondering."