05

TW: assault and mentions of SA

I woke up today to the smell of bacon, which quickly pulled me from my bed and had me walking into the kitchen.

It might be late in the afternoon but that didn't stop Chloe from cooking an entire buffet for breakfast. She made eggs, pancakes, bacon and she even cut up some strawberries.

Naturally, we drank mimosas with our food.

We didn't do much before work, just laid around the house. Chloe was watching Adventure Time while I sketched in one of my books.

I was drawing an eye.

Something I've been fascinated with recently.

By the time 7:30 rolled around Chloe and I both disappeared into our rooms to start getting ready for work.

I tossed my sketchbook onto my bed and walked over to my vanity. I sat down with a huff and pursed my lips at my reflection.

I really need to brush my hair.

I grabbed my brush and started to go through my matted hair. Luckily for me my hair is pretty straight naturally so I only needed to go over some parts with my straightener.

I sectioned off the top part of my hair, teasing it a bit and pinning it up in the back feeling no need for anything fancy.

For my make up I decided on a dark smokey eye with a wing, my favorite pair of lashes and a light red lip. It'll go well with my black outfit.

I quickly swapped out my pajamas for my work outfit, pulling on a black crop and high waisted denim shorts to cover my outfit for tonight.

By time it was 9pm Chloe and I were headed out the door. Even though we work together, we both take separate cars given the fact we always leave at different times. She likes to stay later and party, while I usually leave when my shift is over.

We needed to get to work early tonight since it's been a week since any of us have done the routine. It was the opening dance tonight so we all needed to do it at least once before we went out and did it on stage.

As I pulled into my usual parking spot next to Chloe I hopped out quickly, grabbing my bag from the backseat and locked the door once it was closed. I walked hastily towards the alley where the back entrance of the club was and wasted no time in walking in.

After walking into the back I heard the voices of the girls all talking amongst themselves.

Chloe, Anya, Grace, Ruby and Daniella all turned in my direction as soon as I entered through the door. The four other girls smiling in happiness and relief that I was here.

"Hey guys."

"Hey!" They all greeted back simultaneously.

"Who's ready for this routine tonight?" I asked with a smile as I placed my bag down at my vanity knowing how excited they all were for it.

Luckily here we are able to pretty much do what we want. The owner, Imani, use to work here when she was our age. She's been here for thirty years and now owns it. When she first started here she said it was a complete shit show, but after a lot of hard work she was able to buy the place from the original owners and turn it into something that she loves.

The club was now filled with women workers. The dancers, Imani, the floor workers, the bartenders, everything. The only men we had were for security so it always felt like a safe atmosphere for us.

Imani always gives us the same pep talk, "Men suck. So I created a place where women are free to do whatever the hell they want, whenever the hell they want. No man can touch you here. This is where you own them. So do what you want, dance how you want, talk how you want, play the music you want, and I promise they'll still come crawling in every night."