86

I was right. We all went to laser tag and much unlike bowling I had a freaking blast. I would literally go back tomorrow if I was given the chance.

We stayed for a few hours given the fact that Harry rented the place out so that it would just be all of us there tonight without anyone else to join in on our games.

We did teams of four. Millie, Liam, Louis and Jade on one team. Thalia, Niall, Harry and I on the other. I was surprised that Thalia and Jade wanted to be on separate teams, but my surprise quickly changed when I realized how brutal they were with each other.

Also, not to brag but my team was pretty damn good.

I had Niall and I had both of the Styles'. Jade and the others put up a good fight but in the end we came out victorious almost every single time.

It was all great until a few hours after we got there when Niall asked if the snackbar was open. I was sure that Harry was about to blow a vessel with the way that he looked at him. Harry kept muttering, "This is the whole fuckin' reason why we went to eat before coming here."

I had to distract Harry... strategically, in order to keep him from going after Niall with an actual gun instead of just the fake laser one.

Niall and Harry being on the same team somehow ended up working better than I would have thought. I would have imagined that they would have loved to be on opposite teams and try to "kill" each other, but they actually really work well together.

I guess it would make sense though. Harry has told me many different times that he and Niall grew up training together, so I guess that it would only make sense that the two of them would work so well as a team.

It was very different to see as opposed to their usual, "I'm better than you" attitudes towards each other.

By the time that we left it was getting to be pretty late. We ended up spending a lot more time there than I would have originally planned– I'm really not complaining though.

It was one of the best times that I have ever had in my life. Everyone looked so free, so happy, so smiley. I would do anything for them to always be like that. The way that everyone was running around laughing, no one caring about anything other than the game. I loved that I was able to be a part of that. Seeing all of them in a genuine state of happiness brought me into one of my own and I felt as though there was nothing more that I could have asked for.

All of them being happy is truly one of the only things that I want. It's what they deserve.

On the ride back to the house Harry was so touchy. Not in a sexual way, just in a really... Well, for lack of better words, touchy way. His hand would draw small designs against my bare thigh, then it would smooth up and down my skin. He would drop his hold on my leg to tangle his fingers together with mine just to swap back to holding onto my thigh minutes later. At red lights or stop signs he'd lean across the middle console, his fingers ducking under my chin to pull my head towards him so that he could swiftly give me a kiss before focusing his attention back on the road in front of us.

The small little random acts of affection were causing my head to spin, the heavy feeling in my chest only deepening with the realization that I came to earlier this evening at the diner. Every small touch from him, every simple kiss, every quick side glance, I felt myself falling further and further.

"You okay?"

I turned my head against the headrest to see Harry watching me, the car now put into park, both of his hands resting down on his legs with his head leaned back against the seat rest. I hadn't realized that we had even pulled into the garage given I was so lost in my own thoughts.