94

"Nice to finally meet you, Rori. I've heard so much about you... I'm Zayn." My head spun at the introduction, my jaw falling slack as I looked up to the man staring down at me.

Harry's brother.

"Let's get you up off the floor, hm?" Zayn held out a hand out towards me. My eyes flashed down to it and I could see the amusement written on his face as he sensed my hesitation. "Don't worry. I'm not gonna hurt you, darlin'."

My eyes snapped wide as I looked back up to meet his gaze. His eyes were dark like mine, his frame slender, but built and he had tattoos on every inch of his skin that I could see from his jawline down.

I remember Harry talking about Zayn briefly, but I do remember him telling me that Zayn stays out of all of the family drama. So why is it that he is here? Why is he helping Conner if he was supposed to be a neutral stance over all of this?

What did Conner do to win him over?

And what does my sister have to do with him or anyone else here?

Zayn wiggled his fingers, my eyes moving back down to his hand that he was still holding out towards me. Slowly I sat up from where I was laying back on the floor and took his hand in mine. In a swift motion Zayn pulled me to my feet, my body lurching into the air causing me to let out a startled yelp.

Once I was on my feet in front of him, Zayn tilted his head as he started to examine me. His feet slowly started to carry him in a circle as he made a loop around me, my skin prickling under his intense gaze all the while.

"I'll tell you, Audrie... I knew she was your twin, but damn. The resemblance between you is frightening." Zayn spoke slowly as he finished circling around me.

When he was standing back in front of me, he reached out and took a strand of my hair between his fingers, twirling it slowly.

"Don't touch her!" My aunt's shaky voice yelled across the quiet room suddenly.

Zayn's eyes momentarily flitted to my left where my aunt was sitting. A smile crossed his lips as he looked back towards me. "You're a tricky girl to find, Rori." He dropped my hair as he spoke. "I see that my brother has been training you... He must have known something like this would happen or he wouldn't have spent so much time trying to hide you away from us."

"Please don't hurt them." My wavering voice whispered to him.

Zayn's brows furrowed as his head cocked to the side, his voice lowering. "Who?"

I blinked, my mind not really processing the fact that he was responding to me. I fully thought he was going to ignore my plea and continue on with his rambles.

"Chloe and my aunt. Please." I begged again. "I don't care what you do to me, just please don't hurt them."

Zayn took a step towards me, his head ducking to the side as he got close to my ear. I could smell his cologne mixed with the stale scent of cigarettes riddled against his leather jacket. His lips lightly brushed against me, my body shuddering in fear as he softly whispered to me, "I won't."

Chills ran through my body, fear encasing me all the more at the sudden close proximity we held.

Seconds later the sound of footsteps had Zayn taking a step away from me, my eyes shooting to meet his before looking over to Audrie. There was a subtle nod of her head before she too was turning with Zayn to look at whoever it was that had just come into the room.

"Aurora Walker!" A familiar voice sent a chill down my spine. My eyes shot to the ground, frozen, refusing to move and look at him. "It's been a long two months of trying to find you."