41

Josie gave Harry shit for the rest of the time that we were there. I mean, I wouldn't expect anything less from her but it's still good to see someone putting him in his place sometimes.

She also asked what happened to my head, obviously. Then she continued on to scold Harry for letting me go to a party after I got stitches. Harry was appalled at how it was his fault, but Josie continued on to say I could do no wrong in her eyes.

I'm really starting to like Josie.

After the cops left a few work men showed up and started to repair Josie's windows. Harry literally ran and hid behind me as soon as they got here. I don't blame him honestly. I would have hid behind someone too if Josie came after me with a fryingpan from the kitchen screaming, "I fucking told you not to waste your money on me!"

Harry crouched behind me, his hands on my shoulders to steer me and make me face Josie. It was funny to me to see this side of him, the one who runs from and old woman and laughs about it. I'm so use to seeing the side of him that carries a gun into public places that I forget he actually has a sense of humor... sometimes.

The giggles coming from him after she turned away from us were enough to send butterflies straight into my stomach.

But he didn't stop there.

He pressed a quick kiss to the side of my head and mumbled, "Thanks for saving me, pretty girl." Before walking away to talk to the head of the construction crew working on the diner.

I was left standing there completely dumbfound not knowing what to say or do.

After a couple of hours we eventually left the cafe, but of course not until after someone from Harrys security showed up. They parked in a spot under one of the trees facing the diner, their all black SUV with tinted windows making it impossible for me to see who was inside.

Josie threw another fit that Harry had someone "watching" her but he assured her they were only watching out for her in case whoever did this decided to come back.

It was nearly five hours later when we finally left Josie's. Neither of us really wanted to go but Josie told us she wanted to go upstairs and relax since the diner was closed for the rest of the night. It took some convincing for Harry to decide to leave but eventually we were finally heading back to the house.

Thalia was waiting in the kitchen, her hands crossed over her chest ready to cuss Harry out. I could see it on her face the second we entered the kitchen. Her brows were furrowed in the "Styles frown" as Niall has called it, her body leaning against the counter with the dinner she had made set out on the counter.

Niall, Millie, Liam and Louis were all already eating. Niall of course being nearly done with his food while everyone else had just started.

Before Thalia could even get a word in Harry was quick to begin explaining what had happened. Everyone in the house knows Josie's. I remember her talking about Thalia and the others the first time Harry had even taken me to the cafe.

Everyone took turns asking questions about Josie, the diner and the new protection watch Harry had set up. Thalia even suggested that Harry have a better line of security put up and more cameras installed.

Harry and Niall went off together for about fifteen minutes and I was sure they were talking about what happened today, but when they eventually came back Niall was actually laughing so I guess whatever they were talking about wasn't too serious.

After dinner Harry and I headed upstairs, my body pleading with me to take a shower and change out of the clothes I was wearing. Everything was pretty much completely dry now except for my shoes, they were still pretty damp and I disgusting.