66

I could hear the running water from Harrys shower from where I laid sprawled out on the bed. He had something to do today in downtown LA and as much as I would like to ask about it, I'm forcing myself not to.

I know that it probably, well, most likely has to do with his family's work. And that's really the last thing that I want to press him about.

I know that if there was something that I needed to know about or if Harry felt like he needed to tell me about a certain situation, then he would. But other than that I really try not to poke my nose into all of that.

It was hard enough when Thalia and him told me about it the night that we got here. When they both finally started to explain more about their lives and the things that they run. I won't lie and say that it didn't scare me.

Harry left the door open to the bathroom when he went in for his shower and I know that he did that on purpose.

He had told me about ten minutes ago that he needed to leave the house in thirty minutes, then followed up by asking me to take a shower with him. I know just as well as he does that if I were to have gotten into the shower with him then he wouldn't be leaving the house on time.

So, reluctantly I declinded and told him I can manage taking a shower on my own while he's gone.

Of course I'd rather take one with him but if he is going out for family business then the last thing I want to do is make him late for it.

So, the whole time that he was in the bathroom I didn't allow my eyes to stray towards the open door once. I kept my cool and continued scrolling through my phone.

I had been talking to Chloe earlier, and again, she asked me when I'm coming home.

Lying to her is getting harder and harder everyday. It use to be hard because I was missing her and wanting nothing other than to be able to go back to New York and see her again... to live in our apartment together and to feel safe with her.

But now everything is so confusing.

I have gotten more used to being here— to being with Harry and his family, that sometimes I forget that I have Chloe still waiting on me in New York. The thought alone makes me feel sick to my stomach.

How can I be so selfish that I forget about my best friend waiting for me across the country? How can I be so self centered, so self absorbed, that I can't even remember everything that I left behind?

I hate that I feel this way and I hate it even more that any time I think about it, I'm always alone. I'm too caught up in my own life that I have to be alone to remember that Chloe has been living by herself for the last month.

I hate that all it takes is Harry walking into the room for my mind to completely blank. That as soon as I see him my chest does that weird fluttering thing and my stomach feels heavy. I hate that he can steal away my focus without even trying. I mean, he doesn't even have to look at me or acknowledge me in the slightest. Just being around him is cause enough for my brain to turn to mush.

Speaking of, the sound of foot steps coming out of the bathroom finally forced me to pull my eyes up and look at Harry as he made his way into the room.

His wet hair dangled on his forehead, white towel clinging dangerously low on his hips to leave the rest of his still slightly wet body on display for me to see.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he stepped towards the bed.

I looked up at him from where I laid on my stomach at the foot of the bed with Jake lazily laying beside me.