57

It is June 16th, meaning it has been five days since everyone walked in on Harry and I in the kitchen.

It also means that my 22nd birthday is now only ten days away.

At the begging of last month I thought I would be spending my birthday with Chloe sitting on the couch eating ice cream during the day as we watched our favorite shows together. Then at night her and I would make our way out and probably end up going to the club we worked at just because we'd feel more safe there— plus free drinks.

Just one is the perks of being an employee there.

But now, ten days until my birthday, I'm surrounded by people that I didn't even know existed at the beginning of last month— yet they're people that I've now grown to care about. My sense of happiness is essentially being filled by being around them everyday and having them consider me as one of them.

I've found that I feel safe with them. I don't worry about Conner, even though I know I should. For the first time I feel content.

I don't have an agonizing anxiety of what's to come and I don't keep myself up at night worrying about it.

Harry has helped with easing my worry too. I'm not sure he's even aware of it, but he's been a really good distraction for me lately.

Having someone that I'm able to talk to and know he will understand is a really gratifying feeling. Knowing that he is trying and knowing that he is actually listening is something that causes my heart to swell.

Plus, okay, I'll admit it, sleeping with him has been a bonus all on its own.

I thought that maybe after we had sex the appeal of it would decrease and I wouldn't find myself thinking about him in those types of ways all the time. Unfortunately for me it seems that the exact opposite has happened and now I somehow impossibly find myself thinking of him even more than before.

It doesn't help that every waking moment is occupied by him as well. The only time I haven't been with him was when I went out shopping with Millie, though the entire time she was complaining that Liam and Louis were following us because none of the guys wanted us to go out alone.

I guess it's understandable though.

It was still a lot of fun to be honest. Usually the idea of shopping makes me physically cringe, but I guess it's a lot more fun to go shopping when you know that you don't have a limit on what you can spend.

After many, many hours at the mall it took so many loads to be able to carry all of our bags into the house from the car.

When I was in the closet Harry was leaned against the doorway watching me and grumbling about how much space just my shoes were taking up, but a quick point over to the rack of his boots had him shutting up pretty quickly. I also told him if it was a problem I could always just get my own room and take up the closet space for myself in there.

That just seemed to piss him off.

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't my goal.

Getting him riled up has become one of my new favorite things to do lately. He's a lot more pugnacious when when I pick at him and part of me finds amusement in it. His jaw ticks, he pushes his hair back from his forehead, crosses his arms over his chest, watches me with squinted eyes. And again, I'd be a liar if I said seeing like that wasn't hot.

He muttered some more things about the shoes as he crossed over the floor and started to help me pile them up on my rack, but a certain blue lingerie that I pulled from a bag had him nearly tripping over his own feet to step closer and get a better look at it.