60

TW: talk of unsolicited prostitution

Aurora Walker

We've been in California for just over a week now.

I love it here. I really do.

I've been going outside to the pool and to the beach everyday except yesterday. I never knew how therapeutic it could be to go outside and just soak in the sunlight.

The only bad part is that Harry literally tries to force me into a life jacket while I'm in the pool. It's so annoying. I may not be the best at swimming but I definitely do not need to use a damn life jacket while I'm in the pool.

Working out with Niall every night has been fun. I like the feeling of being powerful. I like knowing that I can fend for myself and that I won't just be a push around anymore.

Last night was a hard one though.

Niall praised me on working better around the knives, but then proceeded to say that I'm actually going to have to touch them at one point. I guess part of me has known that was his end goal in all of this, but I still didn't like him actually saying it to me.

He said something along the lines of, "You need to remember that the knives aren't the ones who cause pain to others, it's the people using them."

And he's right. I know he is. It's just hard for me still.

All of this is still new to me and being in their world can be frightening. I'm not use to any of this, whereas this is all that they know.

A sudden text notification pulled my attention away from my journal, my screen lighting up to display a message from Chloe. I quickly shut my journal and stuffed it between the mattress like I had done back in Oregon.

Harrys been out for about an hour now, he said he had to go run a quick errand and that he'd be back soon. So him being gone gave me the perfect opportunity to write in my journal for a while. I'm with Harry damn near all the time now so I haven't really had the chance to write anything since being here.

Another text rang thru on my phone causing me to blink and refocus back into reality. Pushing away the thought of Harry, I picked up my phone and clicked on the message from Chloe.

chloe:
hey, really missing you today
it's been over a month now, i wish i could help u with whatever it is that you're going thru
12:37pm

My heart ached at the message, tears brimming in my eyes as I read it again.

me:
i really miss you too, chloe. try not to worry about me tho. i'm so sorry about all of this and i hate that you've been dragged into it, but i promise i'll see u soon
12:39pm

chloe:
it feels like this has been the longest month of my life
12:40pm

My eyes flicked up to the door being pushed open, Harry walking through it with a small, "Hey." As he made his way towards his closet.

"Hey." I greeted back as I watched him disappear behind the door.

I heard him shuffle around inside for a few moments before he walked back out and headed towards the bathroom.

"Gonna take a shower." He said briefly.

He didn't sound angry, he just sounded tired. We both got plenty of sleep last night though and he seemed rested before he left so I'm not entirely sure why he'd be tired so quickly after leaving, but I didn't question it.