95

are you ready?

Staring into the eyes of the man that not only caused so much pain in my life, but also caused me to be scared of everything for the past four years, it should make me feel something.

I know that I should feel something.

I know that I should tremble in fear or I should cry. I know that my stomach should be twisted and knotted in anxiety.

I know that I should feel something, but I just can't.

I can't bring myself to feel anything when it comes to him in this moment. I look at him and I just see a void. I feel nothing.

Even as his lips brushed against my ear and he whispered, "You will be." The only thing I could think of was wanting to get away from his grasp.

His touch against my skin was like acid. His fingers were leaving behind a horrendous burn anywhere that he came into contact with me.

That was the one thing that I could feel from him. I could feel the disgust at him being this close to me. I could feel the need to scrub my body to rid myself from any of his left over residue.

That was all that I felt.

Dylan's head turned to the side, his hold on me once again loosening a fraction as he seemed to be distracted by something. My eyes flashed over and I could see everyone else holding the same reaction on their faces as Zach raised his hand up to his ear, "We'll be down in a minute. Keep them occupied."

As Dylan turned back to look at me, a small smile had risen onto his lips. "You've got company, sweetheart."

Then he was letting go of his hold on my throat completely and leaving me to stumble back a few steps. My hands instantly shot up to rub at the irritated skin of my neck and I felt an overwhelming need to scrub at the skin– scratch it– get it off of my body.

Any place that Dylan had touched me felt like it was on fire. The sensation of needing it off my body was almost enough to bring me to tears.

I watched as Dylan, Conner and Zach turned away to head towards the doorway. My eyes then flashed over to Audrie and Zayn who lingered behind for a few moments looking at me briefly before they too eventually turned and headed out of the room following the other three.

"Rori?" The sound of Chloe's tearfilled voice caught my attention.

My head snapped to the side and I hurried over to her. Now being in the room alone I felt no worry about going over to her. I instantly ducked down to start releasing her wrists, but she quickly cut in to stop me.

"No, no! Don't do that. If they come back in here and I'm free, I-I don't know what they'll do."

My fingers froze against her wrists, and I nodded in understanding. I turned my head to look at Stacy and she shook her head in agreement. "We just need to try and keep them... level. We can't anger them any more than already are."

I nodded again and moved myself around so that I could be in front of Chloe. I leaned forward, her eyes meeting mine briefly before I was engulfing her into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and tightly held her body to mine as she leaned her head into my shoulder. She couldn't hug me back since her wrists were tied behind her, but her body leaning into mine was enough of a comfort to know that she would if she could.

"I'm so sorry, Chloe..." I whispered, my voice on the verge of breaking. "I should have never got you involved with this."

"I still don't understand what's going on." She sounded so broken.