18

"You're going to have to try and hurt me."

I huffed at Niall, squinting my eyes to him from where he stood in front of me, slightly hunched over with his boxing gloves on. His blonde hair ruffled, falling against his forehead while he stood shirtless in black track shorts.

I woke up about two hours ago to Niall knocking on my door. After opening my eyes I realized I had fallen asleep and Harry was no longer in my room, leaving me alone. It had started to get dark outside by that time and Niall told me dinner had been done for a while if I was hungry.

So I went down stairs and got something to eat. I had started to feel better and I wanted to join everyone again, but it was mostly to show Thalia and Harry that I was okay. While we were eating Niall told me about their gym and he said he wants to start training me in self defense so that I'm not "helpless" all of the time.

I would be offended... but honestly how could I be? Conner could have done anything that he wanted to do to me in that alleyway and there was no way that I would have been able to fight him, drugged or not.

So after we ate we came out to the gym.

"I don't want to try and hurt anyone." I said in defeat.

Niall raised his brows at my words, "You sure about that? H told me what you did to Conners face. I say if we get you mad enough you might be like the rest of us."

"The rest of you?" The words barely came out, my confusion evident. Niall reached out and knocked me in the side of my head again. I let out a sigh and pursed my lips, crossing my arms over my chest. "Really?"

I'm wearing a pair of Millies black workout shorts, which luckily for me they are high waisted so they covered up past my belly button. On my top I only wore a black and grey sports bra, even though I had started out in a shirt. But after about thirty minutes in the gym I was sweating too much to keep it on.

My hair was pulled back into a ponytail but had started to fall out at the sides from where Niall had been softly knocking me in the head during our work out.

"Well I'm sorry darlin' but doing a cute little pout like that isn't going to stop Conner or any of his friends from trying to hurt you." Niall stated, standing back up straight from his "fighting stance" in front of me.

I was in the gym with Niall, Harry, Liam, Louis, Millie and Thalia. It seems everyone wanted to come to the gym tonight to see me fail miserably at trying to defend myself.

The girls are both doing crunches and other workouts on the matts together, while Liam and Louis are on the treadmills next to each other. Harry is in the corner of the gym taking all of his aggression out on a punching back, his grey tshirt sticking to him in various places with his hair clinging to his forehead.

When he came into the gym wearing his hoodie I didn't pay much attention as he stalked over to the corner of the room. But once he took off his hoodie I realized it was the first time I've seen him in a regular tshirt. His left side was facing us, his airpods stuck in his ears while he hammered against the black punching bag.

"Try and hit me again." Niall spoke, making me pull my eyes away from Harry.

"This isn't working." I muttered with a slight shake of my head as I raised my hands up in fists in front of me.

I asked if I needed to wear gloves like Niall was wearing but he only laughed at my question. At first I found it a little offensive but as we began our workout I realized there was no need. I haven't come in contact with him once, yet he's knocked me in the side of my head and in my ribs countless times with his gloved hands.