63

Driving with the top down and the wind blowing my wild hair around the car, I raised my arms up and let the crisp chill of the night air engulf me.

Harry, who always drives too fast, sped down the freeway and somehow gracefully weeved in and out of the cars that littered the main road. Neither of us said much, Harrys phone connected to the bluetooth playing Midnight City by M83.

I didn't have very much to drink at the club but I had enough that I was feeling good. Niall convinced me to take a shot with him before Harry and I left, so I'm in a state of bliss right now.

The only thing on my mind is this moment.

How the wind felt against my skin. How the music sounded playing through the radio. How the smile on my face seemed never fleeting.

I truly felt infinite.

As Harry took the exit he whipped around the curve, the ground beneath us disappearing as we flew up the overpass. With the song playing loudly, hands up in the air, and the wind whirling between us I swear I've never felt more alive.

That may seem a bit dramatic, I know. But something about this night just felt so good. It felt right.

After turning down the radio when we made it into the residential area, Harry placed his hand back down on my thigh, his cool fingers contrasting against my hot skin to make me shiver. He kept his hand there, never moving it until we finally pulled up to the garage.

I don't think that I will ever be able to get used to seeing Harry's houses no matter how long I live with him or how many times I see them. I'm still always in awe.

"You hungry?"

I turned to look at Harry as he spoke, his hand moving up to my head rest while he twisted in his seat to look behind him to back into his parking spot.

"Yeah," I nodded as he parked. "I'm kinda hungry."

When we left the house Harry didn't tell me where we were going but he did tell me that we were all going to go out to eat afterwards. So given the fact that him and I left the club earlier than the others we didn't get to eat dinner with them.

"Alright," He unbuckled himself and started to get out of the car. "Sure there's something quick in the house."

Then with that he shut the door and started walking towards the garage door leading into the house. I watched after him slightly confused, wondering if I had somehow upset him or if he was mad for some reason.

I slowly got out of the car and followed after him, my heels clicking against the concrete as I made my way up towards the door. I quickly typed in the passcode and waited for the click to signal it unlocked before pushing it open and heading inside after Harry.

A few days after arriving in LA Harry gave me the code to the gates and to the house locks. All of them the same, 1-1-2-0. He said all of the locks in Portland are the same code as well, that the ones that read finger prints can be overridden by the code, plus another longer code that I can't remember. But Harry said he will put my fingerprint into the system at some point so that I don't have to worry about it.

Shutting the door behind me I made my way down the hall, my heels sounding loudly in the silent house as I neared the kitchen. When I rounded the corner I saw a single light was on which was coming from the refrigerator door that was left open.

But there was no Harry in sight.

I walked over to the fridge and looked into the drawer that was left open, the fruit drawer. I felt a few items in the refrigerator, all of them still being cold so I knew the door hadn't been left open while we were gone.