84

Harry Styles
December 20, 2011- Age 13

"Harry!" I heard Thalia call, her voice sounding distant as my focus zeroed in and out.

Now that I had made it into the house I felt as though my fight was over. I had nothing left in me to continue on.

Seeing my mum on the floor took everything else out of me. I had no will left. I felt no drive as I had before.

I could feel the glass embedding deeper into my skin and feel the pain radiating throughout my limbs as my skin slowly started to defrost inside of the warm house.

I had fallen back down onto the floor. My arms laying beside, my head rolled to face the right. I could see into the living room from here. I could see the destruction and the chaos that was left in suit from the night before.

I could see our pictures broken and left on the floor. I could see the furniture crushed, ripped and tipped onto their sides. The Christmas tree was thrown to the ground and the ornaments crushed to dust on the floor.

The shattered remains of last night were only leaving my imagination to run wild with the possibilities of what could have actually taken place in the house while I was unconscious outside.

"Harry!" Thalia called again, though I couldn't bring myself to move or even give her the slightest reaction in order to show that I was alive.

I just laid there. My eyes burning from the way that I was staring unblinking at the living room to my right. I couldn't stop staring at our broken pictures.

We have always had family photos hung up in our living room and scattered throughout the house. By family photos I mean my mum, Thalia and I mostly. My father is in a few of them, but not many. He's never really home so he doesn't have the time to participate in activities with us such as taking photos.

My mum always found time for it though.

"Harry, you need to get up."

My vision was blocked by Thalia coming into view. Her tattered clothes, blood dried skin and matted hair now the only thing that I could see.

I feel so guilty. I feel responsible for everything that happened. What Thalia had to go through and for my mum's death. All of it is my fault.

"Harry...." Thalia spoke quietly, her voice wavering as she reached a shaking hand out to rest against my skin. "What have they done to you?"

I opened my mouth, my body and mind willing my words to come out. My mouth was so dry that I was starting to think maybe I couldn't speak. Maybe my voice was somehow taken in the fall– or I was in the cold for too long. Is that possible?

"Wh–" The first noise that I have successfully made since I woke up in the snow. I tried to clear my throat but it only caused me to wince in pain. My throat felt like there were shards of glass in it, any words or clearing of my throat was causing instant pain to encase it. "What about..." I had to stop and try to gulp in some air. "You?"

"I'm—" Thalia's voice wavered off, "We need to get you to a hospital. They tore the phone lines down and I have no idea when dad will be coming back. I... I have to take you myself."

"We can't... leave her." I mumbled out in reference to our mum.

My eyes were desperately wanting to close, though I forced them to stay open so that I could look at my sister.

Thalia's eyes filled with a different kind of pain. One that was filled with sorrow and desperation. "We have to, Harry. I have to get you to a hospital. I can't lose you too."

Thalia didn't wait for a response from me. She just quickly started moving, her hands on me causing pained cries to leave me as she tried to help move me to my feet.

"I know." She said with a painfilled voice. "I know it hurts but you have to help me. We have to get out of here. I-I don't even even know if they've left."

I tried to listen and I tried to help as much as I could but now that my skin was no longer coated in ice, the numbing was starting to wear off and the pain was amplified. I didn't think it could be worse than it had been, but I was wrong. The pain that I was feeling now was blinding.

Thalia had managed to shift me up to my knees, my arms limp beside me with my head resting on her shoulder from where she was sat in front of me. Both of us were panting, the exertion proving too much after the trauma and sleep deprivation we were having to endure.

"We can do this." Thalia whispered, her head resting against mine. "You and me, okay? We can do this."

My head slowly nodded, trying to agree though I didn't believe it myself. Everything hurt so much. I felt as though I would rather lay here and die then try to move one more muscle.

But as Thalia started to move, her body rising up into the air, I found that I was being given no choice other than to move too. Somehow one of my feet found its footing underneath me and that was all that Thalia needed. Once I had a footing she was able to help raise me up, my body still heavily relying on hers once I was stood straight.

Even only being 13 I'm taller than Thalia. Not by much since my growth spurt hasn't hit yet, but I am still taller. So I know this is hard for her to do alone.

"We need to keep moving." Thalia panted out, "We can't stop. We have to keep going."

"I can't, Lia." I sobbed out as my legs started to shake.

"No!" Thalia cried out, "You can't give up. Please." She whispered in a beg as she held me up with shaky arms. "Please don't give up."

I nodded, unable to give a verbal answer. I was in too much pain to even think, let alone speak. My body was so tired. I felt drugged.

"Okay, come on." She breathed as she tried to help me start moving towards the door again, her hand jutting out to grab a pair of keys from the bowl on the table.

When I had fallen through the door it obviously didn't close so the cold air was coming in to bite against my skin. I was wearing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt– Well, I don't know if I could even count the shirt anymore given it was completely shredded. It was kind of just sticking to me in random places.

As we moved outside my body shivered against the cold, an ache growing in me from the added discomfort of the freezing weather.

"We can do this." Thalia murmured, probably more to herself than to me before saying. "We just need to get down the stairs, then the hard part will be over."

"Okay..." I mumbled, eyes falling tired as my feet drug across the snow covered porch.

"It's just me and you now, Kid." I could hear the catch in her voice. "I'm gonna make sure they fix you, okay? I won't let anything else happen to you." She started to ramble. "It's just us..."

"Me and you." I voiced tiredly.

"Me and you." She agreed again. "Always."

//

an:
heh, hey...

i know this probably isn't the double update everyone wanted— 2 back-to-back sad chapters...

but good news! next chapter isn't painful! see you friday, mwah <33