2

I woke up. I didn't know what time it was, but the sun was shining into the room. I sat up and saw the open window. Pansy was showering. I got up and saw a little letter on a pile of book.

I grabbed the letter. "Y/N SNAPE" it said.

I opened the letter and read it.

' I think you of all people would understand because I think you of all people are alive and appreciate what that means. At least I hope you do because other people look to you for strength and friendship and it's that simple.
D.M. '

I smiled. He started reading the book!

I dressed up. Pansy was done showering. "There was a letter for you." She said.

"Yes, I read it." I replied, putting on my shoes.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yep!" I replied and we walked out of our dorm.

. . .

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess... the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the Gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner Eye." The professor said.

She talked on and on. But I didn't really listen anymore. Then we started reading tealeaves.

We were joking about our tealeaves, when suddenly the class went quite.

"My dear boy... You have the grim." Trelawney said to Harry Potter.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?"

"Not the Grin, the Grim. You idiot."

"But what does it mean, professor?"

I could just see what was in his cup. "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen of death." I explained. The trio looked at me and then back at his cup.

Sirius Black.

"Don't brag about being smarter Y/n. They might get jealous." Blaise said jokingly.

"Yeah, your father might be a teacher who already learned you a lot. But not everyone has that privilege." Theo added.

We all started laughing.

After class I went to the library. I grabbed some books and when I was finally done I bumped into someone, dropping all the books on the ground.

"Watch where you're going you—" We both said in unison, but stopped when we realized.

"Hey Draco." I laughed.

"Hey." He said and also laughed.

He helped me grab the books.

He sat down on a chair at a desk and I sat on the desk.

"You started reading the book." I said, smiling.

"Yeah, I promised didn't I?" He asked.

"True, but I didn't expect you would start immediately." I said.

He laughed. "Well I am full of surprises y/n."

We talked for a bit longer, and walked to the next lesson together.

. . .

As Hagrid was explaining about Buckbeak, a huge... chicken? I wasn't really paying attention. Draco and I were making some jokes together.

Harry flew on Buckbeak, which Draco couldn't really appreciate.

"Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute—" He said walking towards the animal.

"Malfoy! No!" Hagrid yelled.

The animal hits Draco's arm hard, causing him to fall down. I ran towards him.

"Draco you are truly an idiot." I said, trying to cover up the wound.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" He said.

"Calm yourself. You're fine. It's eh... just a scratch." Hagrid said.

"He has to go to the hospital." I said.

"You all... You all just- class dismissed." Hagrid said.

I walked with Hagrid and Draco to the hospital. While Draco complained about the pain, I was just talking to Hagrid about the animal.

[a/n] i, too, have no idea yet what will even happen in this story.