57

A few days later I found myself on my way to the astronomy tower. It was late at night, past curfew.

I couldn't sleep, Pansy was already asleep and I didn't want to wake her up.

I decided to get some fresh air and watch the view. It was dark, so I barely saw anything.

I sat down at the railing and watched the view.

"Can't sleep?" I suddenly heard behind me.

I screamed. "What the hell!" I quickly turned around to see the person I was trying so hard to avoid.

"Sorry." He said. He sat down a few feet away from me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can't sleep." He said. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't sleep. For how long were you sitting there?" I asked.

"Since long before you arrived." He said.

I didn't say anything else. Neither did he. Until a few minutes later.

"I'm sorry about before." He said.

"You ready to tell me what's wrong, then?" I asked.

"Y/n, listen. I really wish I could. You don't realize how bad I want to tell you. It's just, that I can't." He explained.

"Why not?!" I asked, raising my voice a little.

"Because the consequences can be severe. If anyone finds out that you know, I don't know what will happen." He said.

"But-"

"There's no but. You can't know, I don't want anything to happen to you." He said.

We went silent again. This silence lasted longer.

"Are you ok?" I then asked.

He looked at me. He didn't answer, until after maybe two minutes. But those two minutes felt like hours.

"I will be." He said.

"And you won't die?" I asked.

"I won't die. I promise." He replied.

I sighed.

"Don't be sad." He said while wiping a tear of my face. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"It just feels like I've lost a part of you." I said.

"I know... I know." He sighed.

We sat there in silence for a long time. Although it was probably not longer than half an hour, it felt like hours.

"Maybe you should get some sleep." He then said.

I didn't respond. He was right, I really needed to sleep. But I wanted to spend this time with him, because I didn't know when I was going to spend time with him again.

"Y/n. Go to bed." He said.

I sighed. "Alright."

"Goodnight." He said.

I nodded.

I made my way back to my room. Pansy was still in a deep sleep. I got in bed, but I wasn't able to close my eyes.

Not until I knew what was going on.

[a/n] pansy just peacefully sleeping