78

We left the place, it wasn't safe. Ron couldn't apparate yet, so we walked. We walked for days.

"I'm hungry." Ron said.

We stopped walking and turned around.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I'm hungry." Ron repeated.

Hermione and I exchanged a quick glance.

"We're all hungry." Harry said.

Meanwhile, Hermione was looking at Ron's bandage.

"Leave it." Ron said.

Hermione looked at Ron, who now looked away.

"Mum can make food appear out of thin air." Ron said.

"No one can conjure food out of thin air. Food is the first of the five Principal Exceptions to Gamp's Law. The other four are-" Hermione started but Ron cut her off. She started looking in her bag for another bandage.

"Oh, speak English, can't you?" He said.

"I said leave it." Ron repeated.

Hermione looked at the bandage in her hand and put it back in her bag. She took a few steps back.

"It'll be dark soon. We need to find a place to sleep." Harry suddenly said.

"Good plan." Hermione said.

"Yeah. Brilliant. Only, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't that yesterday's plan? And the day before that? And the day before that? Walk. Sleep. Walk. Sleep." Ron said.

I walked towards Ron, looking at the locket around his neck.

"My turn." I said.

As I reached out, Ron blocked my hand. We stood there for a short moment. Then Ron got the chain from his neck and handed it to me.

"Better?" I asked.

Ron nodded.

I exchanged a look with Hermione, then I put the horcrux over my head.

We quickly put up a tent, then all got inside. It had started to rain.

. . .

Harry, Hermione and I were sitting in the tent. Hermione was giving Harry a haircut, while it was deadly silent.

"Oh my god." Hermione suddenly said.

"What?" I asked.

"I'll tell you in a minute." Hermione said.

"Maybe you could tell us now." Harry said.

"Alright. The Sword of Gryffindor? It's Goblin made." Hermione said.

"Brilliant." Harry replied.

"You don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger." Hermione explained.

"Okay." Harry said, a confused expression on his face.

I gasped. "Harry. You already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary, in the Chamber of Secrets." I said.

"With a basilisk fang." He said and then turned to Hermione. "If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours-"