43

The next morning when I woke up, Draco was still sleeping. I tried to get up, but I didn't want to wake him so I quickly laid back down again.

My head was resting on his chest, my arm on his shoulder. I softly brushed his shoulder with my thumb.

"I'll make sure this never happens again, dray. I love you so much." I whispered.

His hand gave mine a little squeeze. "I love you more." He whispered.

He let go of me and I got out. It was currently 10 am. I had already missed a few classes.

"I'll go to my father so he can make sure the absences are ok. I'll be back before you know." I said and gave him a quick peck on his lips.

I rushed towards my father, who was sitting in the potions classroom.

"I've already taken care of it y/n. You and Malfoy are absent for today and tomorrow." My father said when I walked in.

"Thanks dad." I said and gave him a quick hug. Then I went back to the hospital wing.

"My father had already arranged it. We're off today and tomorrow." I told Draco when I sat down beside him.

Madam Pomfrey brought us something to eat. Also some more medicine for Draco.

"You really aren't leaving his side, are you dear?" She asked me and laughed.

Draco had put his arm around me. "That's why she's the best girlfriend in the whole universe." He said and kissed the side of my head.

Madam Pomfrey smiled and then walked away.

Draco and I were somehow talking about my mother's diary now.

"Tell me about them. What's in them?" Draco asked.

"Okay, so I found out my mum was a super smart and powerful witch. Her patronus was a dragon. Her boggart was herself." I started.

"Hey. You're boggart was yourself too." He said.

"Yes, she said it was because she was afraid of her own powers. I think it's the same for me. She wrote about that the older I get, the more I find out about my power." I said.

"Explains a lot." Draco said.

"I found out my father was in love with Harry's mum. That's the reason my parents broke up after all." I said.

"Potter's mother?" Draco said.

I nodded. "My mum found out she was pregnant the day after they broke up. She knew she was going to die when she was halfway her pregnancy. At 30 weeks pregnant she told her family. She wrote that she would leave their addresses on the last page, so I could visit them once." I said.

"Oh, that's nice. Are you going to?" He asked.

"I think so. I'm not sure yet. Would you come with me?" I replied.

"Of course. Anything for you, love." Draco said and I smiled at him.

"I haven't read any further lately. I guess I'll continue later." I said.

The conversation died into a comfortable silence.

After a while I yawned.

"You tired?" Draco asked.

I nodded slightly.

He patted on the space next to him. I sat down next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder. His arm was wrapped around me and softly rubbing my back.

"I love you. I promise." Were the last words I heard before I fell asleep.

I felt safe. I felt home.

[a/n] i feel so single