46

This year, I spend Christmas at the Malfoy Manor. On 31st of December, the day before my birthday, we would return to Hogwarts to see my father who would also be there then. The day after our friends would come too to celebrate.

Today it was Christmas eve. Draco and I went out for dinner. Even though Draco was complaining he didn't want to go because there were so many muggles, we had a great time.

"I like the muggle world. Sometimes I like it more than the wizarding world." I admitted as we walked out of the restaurant.

"You'd want to settle in the muggle world after Hogwarts?" He asked.

"I don't know. I don't think so. I would really like to open my own shop one day. One full of supplies for witches and wizards. I would like to open it in Diagon Alley. But I don't know where I'd want to live." I explained.

"Yeah. Wizarding world is sort of home." Draco said.

I nodded.

. . .

"Slept well?" I heard a voice whisper in my ear.

I immediately opened my eyes. "Yes." I hummed.

"Come one, get up." Draco said and he pulled me out of bed.

He threw his jumper at me. "Get dressed, come on."

I pulled his jumper over my head and put on a pair of jeans.

Then I made my way downstairs.

The table was filled with food.

"It's for the entire day, you don't have to eat dinner for breakfast or something. You can just grab what you want at any time of the day." Draco explained.

I smiled. "Awesome."

We ate something and then laid down on the couch.

"I have a present for you." I said.

I grabbed the little box that I had carried with me and gave it to Draco.

He began unpacking it. In the box was a necklace, it was a silver ring. On the inside of the ring was a small heart and a text.

'I love you infinity.' It said.

"I love you more." He said and kissed me on my head.

"I have something for you too." He then said.

I opened his present. It was one of his quidditch jumpers. Except this one had his name and number. With it was a bottle of his cologne.

"Aw, thanks." I said and hugged him.

"Anything for you, love." He replied.

.   .   .

It was December 31st.

"I can't believe you're turning 16. You're older than me." Draco said as we walked into the Great Hall. It was around 7pm.

We found our place at the table. Since it was New Year's Eve, everyone who stayed over the break from any house would sit together at one table. Even the professors would sit with the students on the table.

We just had a lot of fun talking and eating with each other.

A few minutes before 12am, we found ourselves outside. McGonagall had arranged some magical fireworks or something.

"10... 9... 8... 7..." We started counting down as Draco put his arm around me.

"6... 5... 4... 3..." By now the whole group was counting.

"2... 1... Happy new year!" Everyone said.

Draco leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back.

"Happy new year. And a very happy birthday, love." He said.

I smiled. Then some of the students and professors made their way over to me.

They congratulated me and we all wished each other a happy new year, while we inspected the beautiful fireworks.

Then I finally got to my dad, with Draco following me.

"Happy new year, dad." I said and hugged him.

"Happy new year little one. And happy birthday." He said and hugged me back.

Then I turned around and looked right into Draco's eyes. Once again, he leaned in to kiss me. And of course, I kissed him back.

If anyone would ever ask me what the happiest moment in my life was, I would say it was this one. Because Merlin, I felt happy.

[a/n] i hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it 🫶