64

"Do you want to go to Slughorn's Christmas party with me?" Blaise asked.

He had been invited to a club from Slughorn.

It was the week before Christmas break. I would spend Christmas at Hogwarts, like usual. And of course, my friends would come too on my birthday.

"Of course." I replied.

"Great, I'll meet you in the common room tonight ok?" He said, I nodded.

. . .

"Mr Zabini, you brought Ms Snape with you. How lovely." Slughorn said as we walked in. I was wearing a short black dress with heels, combined with some silver jewelry.

"Yeah, we're just friends sir." He said.

They continued the conversation. Meanwhile I was looking around the room when I saw Hermione disappear behind a curtain. I quickly followed her.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." She replied.

"What're you doing?" Harry said, while he suddenly appeared behind me.

Hermione and I let out a soft scream.

"And what's happened to you?" He asked, looking at Hermione.

"Hm? Oh, I've just escaped- I mean, left Cormac. Under the mistletoe." She replied.

"Cormac! That's who you invited?" Harry asked.

"I thought it would annoy Ron most. But he's a menace. He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant." Hermione said.

Then a waiter walked by.

"No thank you." Hermione and I said at the same time.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." The waiter said.

"On second thought -- maybe it'll keep Cormac at bay. Oh no, here he comes! Dragon tartar?" Hermione said.

She pops two of the Dragon blobs into her mouth, shoves the tray in Harry's hands and disappear.

"I think she went to powder her nose." Harry lied to Cormac. I let out a soft giggle.

Cormac plucks a dragon blob off the tray in Harry's hand.

"Slippery little minx, your friend. Likes to work her mouth too, doesn't she? Yak yak yak. What is this I'm eating, by the way?" Cormac asked.

"Dragon balls." Harry said, no expression on his face. I started laughing and quickly got away.

I went back to Blaise, who was standing alone with two drinks in his hand.

"Hey, I was looking for you. I got you a drink." He said and handed me the glass.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" I heard. I recognized his voice immediately. I turned around to see Draco.

Filch held him by his suit. He didn't take his eyes of me, not until Filch started talking.

"Professor Slughorn, sir! I've just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." Filch said.

"Okay, okay, I was gate-crashing. Happy?" Draco admitted.

"I'll escort him out." My father said

"Certainly, Professor." Draco replied.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom real quick." I lied. Blaise nodded.

I followed Draco and my father around the corner. I hid behind something, but bumped into Harry when I did.

"Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco said.

My father pushed him against the wall. "I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow." He said.

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this! Out of all others. Me! And I won't fail Him." Draco replied.

Harry gave me a look. I gave him a confused look back. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a strand of hair turn orange. I'm sure Harry noticed it too, because he immediately looked at my hair.

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you." My father then said.

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment." Draco said.

"You can't tell Y/n. He knows she has more power than any student in this building. If she knows, she'll try to stop it." My father said.

"I know. I won't." Draco replied.

Harry looked at me again. I didn't look at him back. I only saw my hair get grey.

[a/n] i don't know what to say