71

It had been two days since I collapsed on the floor. Since my father killed Dumbledore. Since I lost Draco.

I was now in the astronomy tower with Hermione, Harry, Ron and Ginny. I stood there with Hermione and Harry. Ron and Ginny sat a few feet away.

"Do you think he would've done it. Draco?" Hermione asked.

"No. He was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing." Harry said.

Hermione studies Harry, and then takes the locket.

"Strange. I think this is a piece of Voldemort's soul." I said, looking at the locket with her.

"Yeah, strange. Only, it's not. It's a fake." Harry said. "Go on. Open it."

"To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B." Hermione read out loud. She looked up. "R.A.B.?"

"Dunno. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means, it was a waste. All of it." Harry said.

We went silent.

"Ron's okay with it, you know. You and Ginny. But if I were you, when he's around, I'd keep the snogging to a minimum." Hermione said and smiles faintly.

Harry didn't smile. He just nodded.

"I'm not coming back, Hermione." Harry said.

She nods. "We reckoned. Ron and me."

"I have to finish what Dumbledore started. I'm not sure where that will lead me... but I'll let you and Ron konw where I am, when I can. I have to do it alone." Harry said.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you're really thick." I said.

"She's right. You don't honestly think you can find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry." Hermione said.

"Yeah, please take at least me. I can't be with my father for a while. May or may not have punched him yesterday. I'm trying to hide from him now." I said.

Harry just stared at us.

"Yeah. I do." He turns to Hermione. "But do me a favor. When I'm around? Keep the snogging to a minimum." Harry joked. I giggled. Hermione's face reddened.

"Like that's going to happen." Hermione said. She glanced at Ron and shook her head. "Besides, he's barking."

"Funny, he says the same about you." Harry said.

"Yes, but I'm exceptionally perceptive." Hermione said.

"Oh, you so are." I said.

"You're brilliant. All of you." Harry said.

"Do you think we'll ever... come back?" She asked.

No one said a word.

"I don't know." Harry said.

END OF SIXTH YEAR