65

Today I spent a day with my father. It was a Monday in Christmas break. 22nd of December, to be exact.

My father wanted to talk. I didn't know what about, he didn't tell me.

I met him in the DADA classroom.

"Hey dad." I said when I walked in.

"Hey." He replied. "Take a seat."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Y/n. I just want to talk to you about Draco. And your mother. And you." He said.

"Ok?" I said.

"You need to stay away from Draco for a while. I know you two aren't dating anymore. But you need to stop seeing him at all. It's for your own safety." He started.

"But I can't now why, right? I've heard it all before. You don't want me to get hurt and all, blah blah blah." I said.

"I'm serious, y/n. You can't know anything until it's over." He said.

I nodded. "Ok." I sighed.

"Your mother was a powerful witch. She was awesome at wandless magic. She had powers no one else at Hogwarts had. She could make something happen, just by thinking about it." He continued.

"Cool." I said.

"You have it too, y/n. You're as powerful as your mother. You are the most powerful witch we've seen in years. If you get control over them, you can kill everyone here in an hour." He said.

"An hour?" I asked.

"But if you don't get control over them, people will get hurt. We need you to get control over them. Dumbledore had offered to help you. He'll meet you every week outside, close to the forest. You'll practice there. You're done when he says you have control over them." He continued.

"When do I start?" I asked.

"If you want, you can start today." He answered.

I smiled. "Yes please."

. . .

A few hours later I found myself outside with Dumbledore. We were walking towards a spot near the forest.

"Your father had explained everything already. I'll help you practice the magic, and help you get control over them." He said.

I nodded.

"I trained your mother too." Dumbledore said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. She had no control. Every time when she felt a certain emotion, the powers took over. People got hurt. That's why we want to start with you now, before things escalate." He explained.

I nodded. We had now arrived at the spot.

We trained for three hours. From 2 pm until 5 pm.

First he did a lot of explaining. He explained about which powers and how to control them.

The only things I succeeded in today was start a small fire and create a gust of wind. But it was enough for the first time.

Since it was Christmas break, we had agreed to train every day. Excluding Christmas days and New Year's eve. And my birthday of course.

[a/n] lets go control our powers