87

"Are you nervous?" Pansy asked.

"No, I'm only marrying the person I've loved since I was only a little kid. Why would I be nervous." I deadpanned.

Hermione giggled.

Pansy and Hermione were my bridesmaids. And today was the day I got to marry my best friend.

I was currently pacing around the room on my bare foot, because pacing in heels really hurt. Hermione and Pansy were already done. They were really just trying to keep me calm and make sure I wouldn't cry because of how nervous I was.

It was only 10 minutes until the whole thing would actually start.

"Hey. We have to go now. We'll see you there. We'll send Theo here, he'll walk you down the aisle and then you get to marry your best friend." Pansy said.

"Y/n, please enjoy every minute of it. It'll be over before you know it. Just try to remember that you get to spend the rest of your life with him after all of this." Hermione said.

"I will, thanks girls." I said and hugged them.

They left the room. Only about a minute later I heard a knock on the door.

Theo walked into the room.

"Are you ready to get married?" He asked.

I smiled. "Oh yes, I totally am." I said.

He was the one who was going to walk me down the aisle. He was Draco's groomsmen. I didn't really know who else to ask, so I asked him and he happily agreed.

We were now waiting in front of the big doors of the hall where all my friends and family were waiting. And Draco, of course.

"Are you ready?" Theo asked.

I let out a big breath. "Yes, I am." I said.

The doors opened and we walked inside.

Everyone had turned around to look at me, but I only had eyes for Draco. He looked so happy. He had tears in his eyes.

"Welcome family and friends. We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Draco and Y/n. This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgment of the next chapter in their lives together. Draco and Y/n have spent 17 years getting to know each other, and we now bear witness to what their relationship has become. Today, they will affirm this bond formally and publicly."

I looked around to room. Narcissa smiled at me.

"Draco and Y/n will mark their transition as a couple not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us - including the love of parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. Without that love, today would be far less joyous."

I now looked back at Draco. He send me a soft smile.

Do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, take Y/n Josie Mary Snape to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Draco said.

Do you, Y/n Josie Mary Snape, take Draco Lucius Malfoy to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." I said and smiled at him.

"A ring is an unbroken circle, with ends that have been joined together, and it represents your union. It is a symbol of infinity, and of your infinite love. When you look at these rings on your hands, be reminded of this moment, your commitment, and the love you now feel for each other."

"Draco, place the ring on Y/n's finger and repeat after me: Y/n, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

"Y/n, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." He said as he put the ring on my finger.

"And now...Y/n, place the ring on Draco's finger and repeat after me: Draco, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

"Draco, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge: to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." I said.

"Before these witnesses, you have pledged to be joined in marriage. You have now sealed this pledge with your wedding rings. By the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss your bride."

Draco and I exchanged a smile. Then we kissed each other. From this moment, I could officially call Draco my husband. For the rest of my life.

. . .

It was now time for our dance. The music started playing as Draco took my hand.

We started dancing.

"We've danced a hundred times before. But this one's different. This one feels like it's going to last forever." Draco said.

"Because it is. I'll never leave you." I said.

"So, I guess I'm stuck with you forever now huh?" He joked.

"Yep, forever." I replied.

I danced with a few others. Draco's father, Theo, Blaise, Harry, Ron and the Weasley twins.

"How does it feel? Being married." Hermione asked.

"Feels pretty damn good." I said.

Hermione giggled. "Congrats."

"Thank you, mione." I said and hugged her.

[a/n] i love this chapter on a different level.