18

We were one of the first to arrive in the Great Hall. We rushed to our usual spot at the table.

Blaise and Theo sat next to each other. I sat in between Pansy and Draco.

Minutes later almost the whole Hall was filled with students.

The first-years got sorted into their houses. After a lot of talking everyone got silent.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted,
I'd like to make an announcement. This
castle will not only be your home this
year but home to some very special guests
as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen..." Dumbledore said but was interrupted by Filch who ran up to him.

He continued. "So Hogwarts has been choosen to host a legendary event. The Tri Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if choosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime!"

The doors of the Great Hall opened and suddenly girls in blue dresses were dancing through the hall.

"Merlin that woman is huge." Pansy said and I turned my head to the very tall woman who just walked in.

Almost all the guys in the room were staring at the dancing girls, who released butterflies into the sky.

"And now our friends from the north,
please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang
and the high master Igor Karkaroff!" Dumbledore said.

The doors opened again a lot of older boys walk through the hall. This time most of the girls were staring at the boys. You looked at Pansy, who's mouth was wide open.

"That's Victor Krum!" She said.

A few moments later Dumbledore started talking again.

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch."

Then something happened to the roof, it started raining inside.

"No, my hair." Pansy sadly said and we started laughing.

Someone casted some magic into the air and it stopped. I didn't know who, and I couldn't see it but I didn't care. It stopped.

"After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final."

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if choosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

[a/n] i don't really know how the storyline this year will be. guess we'll see