40

October 25, 1979
Dear Y/n,

I am now 30 weeks pregnant with you. 10 more to go. Tomorrow I'm going to have dinner with my parents and sisters. I'm going to tell them that I'm going to die. It's too late to change anything about it, so they'll just have to accept it.

I'll tell you something about my youth. I was born and raised in London. I attended Hogwarts when I was 11. Both of my younger sisters also attended Hogwarts. My youngest sister, Josephine, was in the same year as Severus. I attended Hogwarts from 1966 to 1973. I was made prefect in my fifth year, together with Lucius Malfoy who I was quite good friends with.

I started learning wandless magic when I was 17. Basically, it's using magic but without your wand. It takes a lot of power, but I can do it awesome now. I hope you'll want to learn it too. It's really cool.

Oh, there's something you should know. Your father is a death eater. I figured it out quite a while ago. If you don't know, death eaters are the followers of You-Know-Who. I don't exactly know why he is. I mean, it seems like he's on Dumbledore's side most of the time. I guess it's his problem. Just, if you hadn't figured that out yet. Now you know.

I'll tell you how my family took the news next time. I promise.

Love, Mom.

I closed the diary in shock. My father was a death eater?

And Draco's father knew my mother? I have never heard him about her before.

I decided to go and meet Draco somewhere. I needed to clear my head.

. . .

An hour later a found myself in the astronomy tower. My head laying on Draco's lap.

"I continued the diary today." I said.

"Found out anything interesting?" He asked.

"Your father was friends with my mother when they where prefects together." I told him.

"Really? I've never heard him talk about that before." He replied.

"I know." I said. A sigh escaped my lips.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked while he softly brushed his hands through my hair.

"My father's a death eater." I admitted.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"Yes." I hummed as a tear escaped my eyes.

Draco immediately pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me.
"Did you talk to him?" He asked.

"No, not yet. I don't know what to say." I replied.

"Hm. Difficult." He said.

I sobbed into his chest. His arms tightened around my body, holding me close to him.

And in that moment, it felt like he would never let me go anymore. It felt like he would hold onto me for the rest of his life.
It felt safe. He made me feel safe.

"I love you." I blurted out.

It was silent for a few seconds.

"I love you more." Draco replied, which made me smile. "I'll never break your heart. I promise." He then said.

"And I'll never break yours. Pinky promise." I said and held out my pinky.

Draco's pinky wrapped around mine and he leaned in to kiss me.

[a/n] yes yes yes yes yes yes yeeeees