39

We had Umbridge's class today. We're learning with books this year. Only theories, nothing else. Harry already got detention.

After the lesson I immediately went to my father. I knocked on the door of the potions classroom.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" I said when I walked in.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Ok, so we have this new professor. You know? Professor Umbridge." I started.

"What did she do?" He asked with a concerned look.

"Nothing bad, yet. Dad she's like.. evil. I'm afraid of her. So, I was kind of wondering..."

"Y/n. I know where you're going with this." He said.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yes. You want me to teach you defense against the dark arts, don't you?" He replied.

I nodded slightly.

He hesitated for a moment. "Every Tuesday and Friday night. I'll take care of it with Umbridge. Don't tell anyone. When they ask, say it wasn't your choice."

"Thank you dad." I said and threw my arms around him.

"Anything for you dear." He hugged me back.

. . .

Later that day I found myself in the astronomy tower with my mother diary. I decided to start reading it again.

October 4, 1979
Dear Y/n,

In exactly 3 months I am going to die. But it's all ok, because you'll get to live. I am now a little over 27 weeks pregnant.

I'll tell you some more about myself, ok?
I have light brown hair and green eyes. My eyes were your father's favorite thing about me. I hope you get my eyes. I am not very tall. Only 5'5.

According to my professors, I was the smartest witch they had seen in 5 years. They'd probably be disappointed to see that I only worked in a shop after Hogwarts.

I have a lot of power. More than I realize. Most of the time it scares me. I know you'll have a lot of power too, I can feel it. Y/n, don't be afraid of your power.

My boggart is me. It's because I'm afraid of my own power. I hope you'll not be afraid of your power, but I guess you will be. I'm sorry about it. The older you get, the more you discover about your powers. You will get less scared. I promise.

My patronus is a dragon. I found out when I was 16. I hope you get to know yours. And I hope it's a dragon too. Dragons stand for someone who's fearless, assertive and accepting of any challenge thrown at them. I relate to it a lot, I hope you do too.

I think that's all I really want to tell about me. I'll write again soon. I promise.

Love, Mom

[a/n] will we find out our patronus this year??? 🤨