50

February 14.

Today was Valentine's day. Draco and I hadn't spoken about it. I thought he wouldn't really do anything that day. I thought he would just think it was a stupid muggle day.

I thought wrong.

When I opened my eyes, I saw a vase with white roses on my desk. On one of the roses was a card.

' Hello love,
You're probably surprised by seeing this all. I normally don't do anything on muggle-days like these. I think it's stupid. Don't you show you're love on every day of the year? Not just one day, right?
This is more of a thank you gesture. Thank you for... For what, actually? I don't really know. I just want to thank you in general. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for being my girlfriend. Thank you for just being here.
I love you, I love you, I love you.
D.M.'

I melted. This was the cutest thing ever.

But I had one problem. Because I hadn't expected Draco would do anything today, I hadn't really thought off getting something for him. 

I decided to just write a letter.

'Dear Draco,
You continue to surprise me.
I love you too. Sorry, I don't have anything for you. Just this letter. I, indeed, didn't expect you to do anything for me today.
I agree with you. I love you every day. So why only show it today? There are 365 days in a year. I plan to love you on every single one of them.
I'll probably see you in an hour.
PS: I loved the roses, they're my favorite.
Love, Y/n.'

.   .   .

I was just walking out of my room when Draco got out of his. We made eye contact and then he walked towards me and grabbed my hand. We walked to the common room.

The common room was empty. Everyone was either at breakfast or in the library or something.

We sat down on a couch.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I replied.

A silence fell over the room. We looked at each other. Then he planted a kiss on my lips.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

"I can do this whole 'before I met you' speech, but I've knew you almost all my live so there isn't really a time before you that I actually remember." He started. "I feel comfortable around you. I feel safe. I know nothing will ever come between us. I've known you for 12 years. I just know that, if anything happens in the future, we will move past it. We will go through it together. And I think, and hope, that we'll spend our entire future together. If not as a couple, as friends. Forever." He said.

He didn't look at me, he was just staring at the fireplace. But of course he knew that I was looking at him the whole time.

I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

He chuckled. "You don't know what to say, do you?"

I shook my head.

"Come here." He said and opened his arms.

I rested my head on his chest.

"You continue to surprise me. Every day." I said.

[a/n] i feel single