20

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore shouted through the room.

He approached the blue flame and it glows red. A name comes out.

"The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!" The Durmstrang crowd cheer.

Another name comes out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up.

Another name comes out.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" Hogwarts pupils cheer as Cedric takes the stage.

Draco, who was sitting next to Blaise, scoffed. I tried keeping in my laugh, and luckily I succeeded. He was so jealous, and all that because of a wink from a guy I once talked to two years ago.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"

People cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads...

"Harry Potter?!"

Harry slowly walks up. Dumbledore gives him the paper. Voices in the crowd shout out.

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen
yet!" Someone yelled.

The four champions disappeared and not much later so did the professors.

. . .

"He is so going to die." I said as we were back in the common room.

"No way, he's Harry fucking Potter. He survived a killing curse. He'll probably survive and his ego will start building up more and more." Pansy replied.

"Potter, always breaking the rules." Draco scoffed.

"Let's just, like, not talk about it." Blaise suggested.

"My father said he has to compete. They can't even break the rules for one time. He's fucking 14. The others are like 3 to 4 years older." I complained.

"At least your boyfriend's going to compete." Draco said.

"Oh my, you still can't let that go can you?" I asked.

He just rolled his eyes.

"Am I missing something?" Pansy asked, looking at the two other boys who looked just as confused as she.

"No. Cedric Diggory winked at me when he put his name in the goblet. But someone," I turned to face Draco. "is very jealous."

"He winked at you?" Pansy gasped. "And you didn't even tell me?"

"Because it's nothing special. I talked to the guy once! Two years ago! I was surprised he even recognized me." I said.

"Oh, then it's indeed nothing special. Draco you're safe. It's been two years. No way the guys had a crush on her." She replied.

Draco sighed.

We sat for another while and talked about the tournament, even though Blaise tried to get rid of the topic a few times.

Then, we all went to bed. It wasn't late yet, but we were all pretty tired and so we went to sleep.

[a/n] winking cedric?? jealous draco?? y/n girl, i'm very jealous of you.