35

Today was the day of the final task.

Me and Cedric had grown good friends over the last few weeks, so I went up to him before he entered the arena.

"Hey Cedric." I said.

"Hey Y/n!" He said.

"Good luck, I hope you win." I told him.

"Thanks, I'm kind of nervous." He replied.

"It'll be ok." I said. We stood there for a few seconds in silence.

Then I hugged him. "Please don't do anything that'll cost you your life. Just.. don't die." I said.

"I won't. I promise." He said.

"Good luck Ced."

"Thank you Y/n."

I went to the arena with my friends. We sat together on one of the front rows.

"Diggory is gonna win. I can feel it." Pansy said.

"Everything's ok. As long as Potter doesn't win." Draco replied.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory and Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum and last Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round!" Dumbledore spoke.

He then talked to the contestants alone.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Professor Moody said.

"On the count of three... one-" Dumbledore said, but before he reached three the canon goes off. Cedric and Harry go into the maze.

It feels like forever. Draco held my hand the entire time. I was extra anxious today, this was the last task. It was almost over.

Fleur is being dragged out of the maze by the professors. She was the first to send up a red spark. Later was Viktor Krum.

Later all the professors gather and talk about something I can't catch. Seeing their worried look, I know something's wrong.

I went up to my dad, who was standing a few seats away.

"Dad. What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know Y/n. But don't worry, it'll be ok." He said.

I nodded and went back to my friends.

After what felt like forever, Harry and Cedric were both back. Everyone started cheering loudly and music started playing.

Something wasn't right.

I stood up and saw Harry crying over Cedric's body. Soon everyone stopped cheering, only whispers.

"Tell me what happened!" Dumbledore shouted.

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there." Harry said.

I gasped, my eyes started to tear up.

"It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you both are." Dumbledore said.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved. Dumbledore, there are... too many people."

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" Cedric's father yelled.

I felt a strong arm around me pulling me back. I tried to free myself from Draco.

When I finally got out of his arms I rushed towards Cedric and Harry. Draco followed me.

"Cedric." I cried. "You promised."

[a/n] poor ced