41

The next few days weren't very interesting.

Today was Friday. I found myself outside watching the Quidditch try-outs for this year.

Draco was made seeker. Blaise chaser. After the try-outs Draco and I went to the prefects bathroom.

That was a massive advantage of being prefect. Better bathrooms. Draco and I both got assigned prefect. "Just like our parents." Draco had said.

Also we had our own room. I didn't share a dorm with Pansy anymore. At first we didn't like it at all, but now Pansy had moved half of her stuff into my room. Basically, she only sleeps in her own room. The rest of the day she spends in my room.

Tomorrow would be the first quidditch practice of the year. Not that I would really do anything with that information, but Draco kept talking on and on about it.

He was really proud. And it made me proud to see him so proud.

When we reached the bathrooms we parted ways. He went inside, I went to my room.

. . .

A month later...

I found myself in Hog's Head. The trio had come up with an idea, and they needed my help for it. When I walked in a whole group of people stared up at me.

They needed me since I was one of the smartest and most powerful witches in Hogwarts right now. They apparently heard rumors about my mother, and expected me to have the same powers.

I wasn't as powerful as my mum. I haven't discovered a lot of my powers. After a lot of tries they finally convinced me. One disadvantage, I couldn't tell anyone. Especially not Draco.

"Why's she here? She's a Slytherin." A random guy from Gryffindor said.

"Yeah, get her out of here. She'll just betray us."
"Go away."
"Get her out of here."
"It's Malfoy's girlfriend. She'll just tell him everything."

"Oh shut up, you all know you need me too." I said and rolled my eyes.

"But why?"
"We're better without you!"
"Yeah. Get away you traitor."

"Please, guys. She's only here to help. She's has stronger powers than any of us. She can help us."

Everyone fell quiet and I took a seat in between Harry and Ron. After a few minutes Hermione spoke up.

"Um- hi." She started. "So. You all know why were here. We need a teacher- Proper teacher. One who had real experience to fight himself against the dark arts."

"Why?" Someone asked.

"Why?! Because You-Know-Who is back you tosspot." Ron said.

"Where's the proof?"

"I bet Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed."

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric. So if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now." Harry said.

Harry whispered something to Hermione. She whispered something back. I couldn't catch it.

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" A blonde-haired girl asked in a soft and sweet voice.

"Yes. I've seen it." Hermione said.

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that!"

"And he killed a basilisk. With a sword in Dumbledore's office!"

"It's true!"

"He fought about a hundred dementors at once."

"And last year he really did fight with You-Know-Who in the flash."

"Look, it all sounds great when you put it like that. But, the truth is most of that was just luck. I didn't even know what I was doing, I nearly always had help." Harry said.

"He's just being modest." Hermione said.

"No, Hermione. I am not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like in school. In school, if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow. But out there, when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like." Harry said and he sat back down.

"You're right Harry, we don't." Hermione said. "It's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating Voldemort."

"He's really back?" A little boy asked.

Harry nodded slightly.

Soon everyone was writing down their names.

[a/n] draco's gonna love this.