17

Draco and I sat in a cabin together, waiting for our friends. We were early, but we didn't want to walk through the crowd.

"Your mother told me something." I then said.

He looked at me. Right into my eyes. "What did she tell you?"

"That we're made for each other. But not especially in a friendship way." I replied.

He raised his eyebrows. "And do you think that too?"

I looked away from him, my eyes now focusing on all the students outside.

"Y/n?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe. Do you?" I replied.

"I don't know. maybe." He answered with a smirk on his face.

I was just about to say something when I heard three people yell loudly.

I turned around to see our friends fighting over something. But I couldn't quite figure out what it was.

Theo and Pansy always had stupid fights over nothing, they were like siblings. Always fighting, but nothing serious.

"Hey you two." Blaise said as he sat down next to us. "Theo and Pansy are coming in a few minutes, they... need to sort something out."

We laughed.

And like Blaise said, Theo and Pansy joined us a few minutes later. They acted like nothing happened, like they didn't have an argument just minutes ago.

Since we all pretty much knew what everyone had done in the vacation, we didn't talk much.

Pansy and Blaise fell asleep. Pansy had her head on Theo's shoulder and Blaise against the window. Some time later Theo fell asleep too.

I was reading the book about wands, which I found very interesting. Draco was doing nothing, though I could feel him staring at me.

Then I closed the book, and turned my head to face him.

"Like what you see?" I whispered when I caught him staring at me.

He playfully hit my shoulder.

"Let's go somewhere else." He whispered back, looking at the others who were sleeping.

We quietly got up and left. We walked to the end of the train, where no one else was standing. We watched the view behind us.

Draco and I turned to each other at the same time, staring right into each other's eyes.

"I-" He started but he was cut off by a voice.

"Hey, y/n!" Hermione said from a little distance.

Draco and I quickly stepped away from each other.

"Malfoy." She nodded when she got closer.

I smiled. "Hey Hermione."

"How was your summer?" She asked with a huge smile on her face, which looked very much like she was faking it.

"It was ok. And yours?" I asked.

"It was fine. Hey so uh, I was wondering. We didn't really get on last year, maybe we could go and grab a drink soon at the three broomsticks?" She asked.

"Uhm, yeah sure. But just the two of us right?" I replied.

"Yep, I'll send you a letter." She said and then walked away.

"What in the world was that?" Draco asked.

"I have no idea. Sorry, what did you want to say earlier?" I asked.

He thought for a while. "Nothing, it'll come up later." He said and we walked back to our friends.

They were still asleep, but we decided to wake them up because we were almost there.

[a/n] what do you think hermione wants?