23

The next morning at breakfast the post arrived.

I was sitting next to Theo, who got the newspaper.

"Can I see that?" I asked, but before he could answer I snatched it out of his hands.

"Hogwarts Champion Cedric Diggory has a secret relationship with Y/n Snape. The young, smart girl - Y/n Snape - was caught have a secret little romantic moment with none other than Cedric Diggory right before his first task." I read out loud to my friends.

Pansy and Blaise laughed at me.

"It's not funny! God I hate the woman." I said.

"But did you, have a little romantic moment?" Draco asked, a smirk on his face. He didn't look jealous, he was just trying to tease me.

"No! Of course not! I was just wishing him good luck." I said.

I grunted.

After breakfast I got up and walked out of the Great Hall, my friends still at the table.

"Hey, there's your girlfriend!" I heard someone say.

"Go and get your girl!" Someone else yelled.

"We'll give you two some private." Another one said.

I turned my head and looked right into the eyes of Cedric.

"Sorry about them, just ignore it." He said.

"So you also read the newspaper?" I asked.

"Yep. A secret little romantic moment. She does this all the time. Have you read the part about Hermione Granger? It's even worse. She makes her seem like a player." He said.

"It's pathetic." I said.

Then we both went separate ways.

A few moments later all the Slytherin students were in a huge room.

"The Yule Ball. It's a tradition of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Christmas Eve in the Great Hall. You all are expected to dance. You will have a partner in a few moments, and then dance with them until I say you're dismissed." My father told all of us.

Music started playing and people started to match.

Pansy tried to go to Blaise, but before she got at him someone else had gone for him. She went to Draco then. I was already standing with Theo.

I looked into Draco's direction and saw him talking with Pansy. He looked at me and winked, Pansy looking at me straight after. When she realized he winked at me, she smirked.

"So you and Malfoy huh?" Theo asked, who apparently followed my gaze too. "Since when are you guys dating?"

"We aren't dating." I replied and laughed.

"Then what are you?" He asked.

"I don't know."

"I saw you last night, with Draco."

My eyes grew wide. "What did you see?"

"Nothing special, just you laying against him."

I sighed in relief.

"And a few moments later your kiss."

My eyes grew wide again. "You did?"

"No, but I know it happened now." He laughed.

"Oh my, I hate you." I said.

"No you don't." He said and smirked.

"Will you not tell anyone yet?" I asked.

"I won't. Just tell me when I can spread the rumor."

"After I tell Pansy- Wait. No no no. No rumors. Draco will end me."

"Don't worry. I know you'll accidentally tell someone else who'll spread the rumor before I even have the chance to."

I laughed. "True."

After the 'dance lesson' we got back to the common room. I grabbed Pansy and pulled her to our dorm.

Draco and Blaise looking confused, but Theo smirked when he realized.

"What in merlin's beard is wrong with you?" She asked. "You jealous because I danced with Draco and you didn't?"

"Well, no. But it is about Draco." I gave her a serious look.

She sat down on the bed. "Do I need to kill him?"

"What? No!" I replied. "I just need to tell you something.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" She asked.

"Well, last night me and Draco were the last ones in the common room." I said and she nodded. "Well, things... happened."

She looked at me confused for a moment but then gasped so loudly I was surprised she didn't choke on air.

"You guys- Draco- You- Really?!"

"We kissed, yeah.."

"Oh my. Finally." She said.

My head shot up. "Finally? What do you mean?"

"Well, it's been too obvious for way too long that you guys like each other. It was just a matter of time before this would happen." She said.

Then we both bursted out laughing. We talked for another while and then went back to our friends. Still trying the keep our laughs in.

[a/n] we love a supportive pansy 🫶