34

Draco and I were walking outside of Hogwarts. It was a little cold, but it was ok. We weren't talking. Just walking in a comfortable silence.

Draco grabbed my hand, which I didn't mind. We walked until we got to a tree. Draco sat down.

"Come sit next to me. It's a great view from here." He said.

I sat down next to him. "Wow, I've never seen a better view than this." I gasped when I saw the view.

"I have." He said.

I turned to face him. "You have?"

"Yes."

"Oh, can you take me there some day too? I want to see it." I said.

"I'm looking at it right now." He said, while staring at me.

It took me a second to realize he meant me. I was his best view.

"Well look at you being all romantic and stuff." I said playfully.

"I'm serious." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Draco Malfoy, you continue to surprise me. Every. Day." I replied.

We sat there for a while. I rested my head on his shoulder and he held my hand while softly brushing it with his thumb.

It made me feel safe. Draco made me feel safe.

. . .

Later I was sitting in the common room. It was almost empty, only a few guys who were older than me were sitting there. But I doubt if they even knew I was in the common room.

I opened the diary.

June 12, 1979
Dear Child,

I am now 10 weeks pregnant. I'm due on the 4th of January. I can't wait to raise you. You're going to be an awesome kid.

Your father still doesn't want to raise you. He said it's just too much. Also with his job and stuff, it's not easy for him. I'm still ok with it. He has to mind his own business.

Lily Evans, the girl I told you about before, is now married to James Potter. I heard Severus didn't take it well. I don't know what exactly happened between him and the girl, but I'll find out. I promise.

I'll write you again in a few weeks. I think I've found out your gender by then. We'll see.

Love, Mom

~

July 19, 1979
Dear Child,

It's been a while. I'm sorry I forgot to write. I am now a little over 15 weeks pregnant with you. Last weeks I had an appointment to find out your gender. You're a girl.

I have a lot of time left to choose a name, so I won't decide that just yet. But I'll let you know when I chose one.

I found out more about Severus. So, hear me out. He met Lily at a young age. They hung out a lot. They both went to Hogwarts. Lily was sorted into Gryffindor, Severus into Slytherin. At that point they barely spoke anymore. But Severus had discovered his love for Lily. Lily hung out with a friend group, the guys from that group were bullying Severus. He was still in love with Lily, while Lily was falling in love with James.

Tragic, really. Poor Severus. Yet somehow he still is in love with her. I don't know how he managed to get so fucked up. But really, it's all his own problem. I'm not going to help him. It's his thing.

I'll write you again soon, I promise.

Love, Mom

~

August 21, 1979
Dear Y/n,

Yes. I chose a name. You're name is Y/n. I haven't told anyone yet. Yes, they know I'm having a girl. But they think I'll choose the name when you're born. Except that isn't possible.

How, you might ask. Well, I am not 20 weeks pregnant with you. Halfway there. But, today I got told I am going to die. Yes. I will die while giving birth to you. I also have an option to abort you, so I'll live. But I don't want that. I don't want to live knowing I killed my child. Even though I know it's know my fault, it feel like it.

Don't worry. Severus will raise you. I know he said he wanted nothing to do with you, he will. I'll ask him to be at your birth. He'll take you, Y/n. Don't you worry. And if he doesn't, I'm sure you'll end up in a safe house. I promise.

Severus is doing better, I heard. He's not as bad as before. I don't talk to him. I barely see him. I saw him once, some time ago. But that's the only time.

Y/n. If you ever fall in love. Don't be like your dad. Don't hide it until it's too late. Tell the person you like, that you do. Don't hide like your father did. Tell. Be a talker.

You'll have a good life, Y/n. I promise.

Love, Mom.

[a/n] mom's here with life lessons