10

a few weeks later...

"y/n!" I hear someone shout from behind me.

I turn around. I see Hermione.

"Hey, we need your help with something." She said.

"And why are you asking me?" I asked.

"Because you're smart." She replied.

"But so are you?" I said.

"Yeah. But we need you. Will you just please help us?" She asked.

"Fine." I sighed and I walked after her.

. . .

"So you're telling me they're going to kill Buckbeak? And I have to think of a plan to let him escape?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. Buckbeak did nothing wrong. And we though of everything but nothing will work."  Hermione said.

"But he harmed a student." I replied.

"Yeah but he didn't mean to!" She said.

"Fine, I'll just... I'll think of something. Meet me in the garden were Buckbeak is, ok? Tonight." I said.

"Thanks." She said.

. . .

I was on my way to the garden. I still had no idea how to let Buckbeak go. Or worse, I had no idea how I was going to tell them I had no idea.

"y/n." I heard. Looking up I saw Draco with Crabbe and Goyle.

"Draco." I replied. "What are you doing here?"

"The chicken will get killed. I wanna see." He replied. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing special." I said.

I walked down a little further, waiting for the trio. Draco wasn't gonna like me helping them.

"Ah! Come to see the show?" I heard Draco ask.

I quickly turned around.

"You... foul... loathsome... evil... little cockroach!" Hermione said, pulling her wand out and pushing it against Draco's throat.

I run up towards them.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"He's not worth it." Ron said.

She puts her wand down, turns around. I sigh.

Then all of a sudden she hits Draco in his face.

"Hermione what in the world was that good for?!" I yelled. Crabbe and Goyle quickly ran away, leaving Draco alone. I believe they were scared.

"Sorry, he just- It- I- It's his fault." She tried to say.

I shook my head and walked over to Draco, who's nose was bleeding like crazy.

"By the way, I have no idea how you will save him. You're on your own." I said. I don't know why I was this angry. I mean Draco is my best friend. But I've never stuck up for him like this before. Mostly because I don't like being angry, it makes me feels like the bad guy.

I put my arm on Draco's back and walked away with him. I looked over my shoulder and gave the trio one more angry glare before we disappeared inside.

. . .

Draco and I were currently in the girls bathroom. There really wasn't anyone who would ever come there, so it was ok.

Draco was sitting on the floor. His nosebleed stopped but it still hurt.

"I just don't understand- First they want my help, I try, they don't talk to me, I show up, they hit you and then still expect me to help them! It's weird? Right? Or am I just being silly? It isn't my fault is it?" I talked way to fast.

"I have a headache." Draco said. "This isn't helping."

"Sorry." I said and sat down next to him on the ground.

"Why'd you even agree to help them in the first place?" He asked.

"I don't know. She told me I was smart and they really needed me. I couldn't come up with anything though. I was just going to tell them I didn't know what to do so they would have to think of something themselves." I explained. "I'm pretty sure they hate me."

"Well, it's Potter with his little friends. They can hate whatever they want but their opinion isn't really relevant is it? And besides, there's not much to hate about you. You're a very likable person." He said.

"You think so?" I asked and playfully hit his shoulder.

He laughed. "Shut up."

We went back to our dorms and I just went to bed early. I was very tired from the past nights.

[a/n] Sorry if I made any spelling mistakes I'm tired.

Also, I decided i'm going to post every other day. So now I won't post a new chapter every day. So like, Monday I post, Tuesday I don't, Wednesday I post and Thursday I don't. And so on.