73

Today was the wedding of Bill and Fleur. The minister of magic showed up in the morning.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, Minister?" Harry asked.

"I think we both know the answer to that question, Mr Potter." The minister answered.

Scrimgeour pitched a bag onto the table before us. We exchanged a look.

"And this would be...?" I asked.

"Don't be coy. Mr Weasley. Would you say you were close to your former Headmaster?" The minister said.

"Dumbledore? And me? I dunno. I reckon I was just another Weasley to him. He was always polite..." Ron said.

"And you, Miss Granger and Miss Snape? How would you characterize your relationship?" The minister asked.

"I trained with him and spend a lot of breaks with him and the other professors. Wouldn't say we were very close, but we were friendly." I replied.

"We were friendly, not close like
Harry, but-" Hermione said.

"What's this all about?" Harry asked.

"This. Despite the fact that neither of your friends appear to have been particularly close to their recently deceased Headmaster, he saw fit to remember them in his will. Now why do you suppose that would be?" The minister explained.

We exchanged a glance again.

"No idea." Harry said.

"Come now, you don't expect me to believe..." He reached into his cloak, removed a scroll of parchment and then read. "Herein is set forth the Last Will and Testament of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. First, to Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, a device of my own making, in the hope that, when things seem most dark, it will show him the light."

Scrimgeour picked a small silver object from the bag.

"Dumbledore left this? For me? Brilliant. Err, what is it?" Ron asked. He clicked it and all the light rushes from the lamps into the Deluminator, throwing the room into total darkness. He clicked it again and light flies back to the lamps. "Wicked."

"To Miss Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that she will find it entertaining and instructive." The minister continued. He reached into the bag once again and shows a small book.

"Mum used to read me those! The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, Babbitty Rabbity and her Cackling Stump..." Ron said.

Harry and Hermione stared blankly at him.

"Oh, c'mon! Beedle's stories are famous! Babbity Rabbitty? No...?" Ron asked. I giggled.

"To Y/n Josie Mary Snape, I leave my Lunascope, in the hope that she will continue to watch the moon at night because it brings her inner peace." The minister said.

For the third time, he reached into his bag and got the item out.

"To Harry James Potter, I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts, as a reminder of the rewards of perseverance and skill." He continued. He placed the tiny golden orb onto Harry's palm.

"That's it then?" Harry asked.

"Not quite. Dumbledore left you a second bequest: The Sword of Godric Gryffindor. Unfortunately, the Sword of Gryffindor was not Dumbledore's to give away. As an important historical artifact, it belongs..."

"To Harry! It belongs to Harry. It chose him. It came to him in the Chamber of Secrets when he most needed it." Hermione said.

"The sword may present itself to any worthy Gryffindor, Miss Granger. That does not make it that wizard's property. And in any event the current whereabouts of the sword are unknown." The minister explained.

"Excuse me?" Harry said.

"The sword is missing. I won't pretend to be your friend, Mr. Potter. But I assure you I'm not your enemy." The minister said.

"You'll forgive me, Minister. But it's a little hard to tell the difference these days." Harry said.

[a/n] i just thought the lunascope would be cool. it shows the moon phases, if people didn't know.