49

We sat at breakfast as the post arrived. Pansy and I sat next to each other, the boys in front of us.

We read the newspaper together.

" Ten people escaped from Azkaban "

We read. Then we read more of the article.

"Bellatrix Lestrange? Draco, isn't that your aunt?" I asked.

He nodded. "Why?"

"She escaped too, along with other death eaters." Pansy said.

He looked at us in disbelief. "You're serious?" He asked.

We both nodded at the same time.

"Shit." He said and buried his face in his hands.

"It'll be ok mate." Blaise said and patted Draco on the back.

"Yeah, as long as she doesn't bother you right?" Theo added.

We talked some more about the escape and then we walked out of the great hall. Draco held my hand. Blaise, Theo and Pansy were walking in front of us, pushing each other playfully.

Over the past few weeks Draco and Pansy had joined the Inquisitorial Squad. It was a squad of Umbridge, who had to catch people who didn't behave like they had to. They only did it for extra credit.

Draco knew about DA. He said I should join the Inquisitorial Squad to keep them away from DA, but I couldn't be at two places at once. So I chose not to. Besides, Umbridge doesn't like me very much so she'll never let me in.

As we walked outside of the hall we noticed there was a new rule made.

- Boys and girls are not permitted to be within 6 inches of each other

"What the-" I started but got cut off by Umbridge who pushed my and Draco apart with only a flick of her wand.

"6 inches." She said and did her annoying giggle.

We walked back to the common room.

"I tell you, that woman is insane." I said.

"I know." Draco, Pansy, Blaise and Theo said in unison.

I started giggling. Soon they started laughing with me.

. . .

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember." Harry said. It was another DA meeting and today we were casting out patronus. No one of us had ever casted a patronus before, except for Harry.

"Allow it to fill you up." Harry said as he walked through the room.

Everyone had now started.

I grabbed my wand and got ready.

A happy memory? The first time Draco and I met. I tried casting my patronus, but I was unsuccessful.

Okay, when we went to Hogwarts together?
Still unsuccessful.

I thought further. Our kiss at the Yule Ball.

"Expecto Patronum!" I said as I kept thinking about the Yule Ball. It really took over all my thoughts.

A dragon flew out of my wand, through the room until it disappeared.

Soon everyone started applauding.

"Great job Y/n, you're the first one." Harry said and patted my back.

The others kept trying, and most were succeeding. It was all until the Inquistorial Squad find us, and took everyone. Apparently Cho had ratted us out.

As soon as Draco saw me, he made sure no one from their squad would see me. He sneaked me out and let me get away. No one had noticed I was gone.

That evening I met him in the astronomy tower.

"Thank you for letting me go. It was a lot easier than having to explain everything to Pansy." I said.

"It's no problem, love." He said. "So, you were casting your patronus? What's yours?" He asked.

"It's a dragon, the same as my mother." I smiled. "And yours?"

He shrugged.

"Oh, you don't know?" I asked as soon as I realized.

He nodded. "No, but it's ok. It'll come eventually." He said.

I kissed him. "True. I'm proud of you."

[a/n] love it