26

Now Pansy and I both had a date to the Yule Ball.

We decided to go dress shopping. We both didn't really like the idea of putting on a lot of dresses before actually choosing one, but we had to so we did.

We walked into a small shop, but once we were inside it looked way bigger. Dresses were everywhere. They were all sorted by color and length.

"Hello ladies, can I help you?" A woman asked, who walked over to us.

"Yes, we are here to get a dress for a ball." Pansy said.

"Ok, let me help you. We'll start with you, ok?" She asked but before Pansy could even say something, the woman pulled her behind a curtain.

The first dress she had was a white one to her knees.

We both shook our head at the same time.

Then she wore a brown one, which I thought looked nice. But Pansy said she didn't like it on her.

I was waiting on the other side of the curtain. I heard Pansy and the woman argue before the curtain opened again.

"I love it, but she says it's not my color." Pansy immediately said.

She was standing there in a dark green dress, which made her body look awesome. And it really was her color. It was her favorite. Pansy loved everything that contained the color green.

"This is it, you look amazing." I said.

Pansy smiled at me. She got her own clothes on again and then it was my turn.

"Let's see what will suit you the best." The woman said as she pulled me behind the curtain.

"Hm, do you want a bright color?" She asked.

"No, I prefer a darker color." I answered.

While she was searching for a dress she asked me some questions. "Are you going with anyone? Do you know what they're wearing?" And she kept on asking.

"Yeah, I'm going with someone, and he's only wearing black and white." I answered. She nodded. Any color goes with black and white, so there were a lot of options.

She came back with three dresses. She gave me the first one. It was a dark blue dress in which the bottom was like a princess dress.

I tried it on. And then the woman opened the curtain.

"A little too... big." Pansy said. "I like it, but it's just not really you. You know?"

I agreed with her.

The second dress was a long, tight, silver dress.

Pansy and I both shook our head at the same time. "Too light." We said in unison.

Then the woman gave me a black dress. The bottom was a little wide, but not too. It was too long for me, but with a little spell that would be alright.

"It's perfect." Pansy said and clapped in her hands from excitement.

We both paid for the dresses and went back to our dorm, where I put the spell on the dress so it was exactly the right length.

[a/n] here's a picture of the dress i had in mind. you can also imagine a different dress! this is just what i thought would be cool 🙂

 you can also imagine a different dress! this is just what i thought would be cool 🙂