7

Today was my birthday, January 1st. I turned 14.

I spend the night with my father, professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Trelawney, Hagrid and Lupin.

We counted down until New Year, and my birthday of course.

It was currently 11 am. My friends could arrive any minute. I was sitting in the Great Hall. Not many other students were there.

After a few minutes my friends walked into the Hall.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to youu
Happy birthday dear y/n
Happy birthday to youuu!" They sang.

"Ah guys!" I stood up and hugged them.

They gave me some presents.

Pansy gave me a silver ring with my her initials carved into it. "This way you'll never forget me." She said.

Blaise and Theo gave me a small snow globe. "You see the people standing there." I looked into the globe and saw a small group of 5. "That's us." Theo said.

And Draco gave me a book. 'Persuasion by Jane Austen'. "My mother helped me choose it." He said.

I gave him a soft smile. "Thank you guys."

. . .

I spend the rest of the morning with Pansy. We talked about her Christmas.

After a while I went to my dad.

"Happy birthday little one." He said and gave me a hug.

"Thank you dad." I replied.

"I still got a present for you." He said and he gave me the present.

I opened it, it was a book? I took it out of the box. It was old.

"It's your mother's diary. She wanted me to give it to you when you were old enoug." He said.

"Oh wow. Thanks dad." I said and hugged him.

I quickly ran back to the common room. Blaise and Theo were sitting there.

"What did you get?" They asked.

I showed them the diary. "It's my
mother's." I said.

I ran further to my dorm. Pansy wasn't there.

I opened a box with stuff from my mother which my father gave me. I put the diary in it, and put the box away under my bed.

On my pillow was laying another note.

' You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand.
D.M. '

I smiled. I pinned it on the wall and then went to the library, taking the book Draco gave me.

I walked into the library and saw Draco sitting at a desk. I sat down next to him.

"Hey." I said and sat down.

"Hey." He replied.

We both read for a while until we closed our books, at the same time.

"Meet me in the astronomy tower at 10 pm." He said. He got up and walked away.

I sat there for a few seconds and then got up and walked away.

[a/n] ok draco 🤔