3

"Does it hurt terribly Draco?" Pansy asked.

"It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm." He said.

I rolled my eyes.

I then heard the Gryffindors talk about Sirius Black. But I didn't really pay enough attention to know what was happening.

When Pansy went back to our dorm, me and Draco were still sitting in the Great Hall.

"You're really overreacting." I said.

"No I'm not. Do you want my pain?" He asked.

"No." I answered.

"See? Not overreacting." He said.

I started laughing. So did he.

We walked back to the common room. Everyone was headed to bed.

"Goodnight Draco." I said.

"Goodnight y/n."

. . .

The next day we were in Lupin's class.

A wardrobe rattles violently. There was a Boggart in there.

We practiced the spell.

"This class is ridiculous." Draco said, causing me to giggle.

A few people got to go first.

Then Harry did. But he got to see a dementor. After that Lupin ended the class.

Me, Draco and Blaise stayed.

"Hello, professor Lupin. We were wondering if we could see our boggart too." Blaise asked.

"Of course, close the door please." Lupin answered and Blaise closed the door "Blaise, you go first." Lupin said.

Out of the closet appeared his mother, telling him about a new boyfriend. Blaise turned it into a tiny little mouse who just made some noise.

"Good job, Blaise." Lupin said "Draco! You're next."

Draco stepped forward. Voldemort appeared, who was telling him he was going to kill his parents. He turned it into a mini-Voldemort. So he couldn't do anything.

"Last, y/n."

I stepped forward.

At first nothing happened. But then I saw... myself?

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's you." Blaise said.

"Yeah I could see that. I'm not afraid of myself. What the hell." I said.

"Something in you, scares you." Lupin said.

"Riddikulus." I said. But nothing changed. My boggart still copied every single thing I did.

I stormed out of the room.

. . .

I was in the astronomy tower, staring forward.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, you ok?" Draco asked.

I turned around. "I'm not afraid of myself." I said. I was tearing up, but I tried to fight the tears.

"Y/n." He said calmly.

"I'm not afraid of myself." My voice broke. Draco pulled me towards him. I cried in his chest. "I'm not afraid of myself. This is stupid."

"Ssh. Its ok." He said. He rubbed my back.

We stood there for a few minutes. I pulled away out of the hug.

"You won't tell anyone? Right?" I asked.

"No of course not." He answered.

I dried my tears and we walked back to the common room.

[a/n] i want someone to care for me like that. i need a best friend like draco 🥲