twelve

twelve, beauty secrets

elsie adjusted the camera before stepping back and smiling at her reflection. once she knew the lighting and angle was good, she stepped close to the camera and pressed record before stepping back.

"hi vogue! this is elsie verona and i'll be taking you guys through my skin care and makeup routine!" she smiled before diving into her skincare routine.

"first, let me get my hair out of my face." elsie grabbed her hair and clipped it back before continuing.

"so, for my skincare routine i like to start off with panoxyl acne foaming wash." she announced as she held up the bottle with her hand.

"when i was first starting out in the industry, i had began developing really bad cystic acne due to the amounts of makeup and long days on set. my skin had a hard time adjusting and so i began using panoxyl and it completely changed my life." elsie smiled before she quickly washed her face with the face wash.

"once i wash my face, i gently pat my skin dry." she stated as she patted her face dry with the towel.

"i learned from one of the vogue beauty secrets that rubbing your skin dry rather than patting it creates wrinkles and as a young actress, i don't want wrinkles by the time i'm thirty." she remarked as she giggled slightly.

"i guess working on sets for half of my teen years influenced me to get into skincare because i didn't want my skin to look as bad as it did when i was first introduced into the long film days and the amount of makeup that gets layered onto your skin." elsie shrugged as she grabbed a cotton pad and her facial toner.

"now, i'll go in with thayers witch hazel toner and before anyone comes for me, i have really oily skin so this helps remove the excess oil that i have left on my skin." elsie explained as she poured some of the toner onto the cotton pad.

"i know some people hate this product because they say it strips their face but for me, i feel like it really cleans it and removes the oil on my face without completely stripping it." elsie explained as she rubbed the pad on her face.

"i learned with skincare that less is more. when i was thirteen, i tried so many different products at once and my skin did not like it at all." she laughed as she remembered how badly her pores clogged.

"because i used so many products at once, my pores clogged and it created more acne. i suggest that if you want to try new products, you should introduce them one at a time to ensure that you don't clog your pores like i did." she warned as she threw away the used cotton pad.

"for the final step of my skincare routine, i'll be using the panoxyl daily moisturizer that has spf thirty. it's important you use sunscreen to protect your skin from the harsh uv rays and if you're like me and are forgetful, it's good to have a moisturizer and sunscreen in one." she smiled as she applied it all over her face.

"now for the fun part, my makeup." she said excitedly as she grabbed her makeup bag.

"with me filming almost everyday and having so many different makeup products on my face, i like to give my skin a break and i apply as little face makeup as possible on the days i'm not filming." elsie informed the camera as she grabbed her concealer.

"usually i only apply concealer under my eyes but unfortunately, i have a few visitors today so i'll just apply some on them to make them less noticeable." elsie stated as she pointed out the few pimples on her face.

"whenever i travel, i'm more prone to acne and it doesn't help that i spent almost twenty-four hours on a plane." elsie remarked as she applied the concealer on her face.

"no matter how well you take care of your skin, acne happens and everyone gets it. it's a part of life that everyone goes through." elsie explained as she blended her concealer with her finger.

"i hate the narrative that acne is gross and if you have acne, you don't take care of your skin because for one, even if we do take care of our skin, we'll get acne. we can't help the fact that we have acne and we should just normalize acne." elsie ranted.

"sorry, i went a little overboard on the rant but i do think we should normalize acne and it shouldn't be such a negative connotation." elsie shrugged before she moved onto her next step.

"next i'll apply l'oreals telescopic mascara since my eyelashes naturally curl up and the mascara will just enhance my lashes." she showed the tube of mascara before running the wand through her lashes.

"like i said before, i don't like to apply a lot of makeup since it is my day off and i want my skin to catch a small break from the heavy makeup i wear on set. so now, i'll just lightly fill in my eyebrows with anastasia beverly hills brow wiz in the shade dark brown."

elsie showed the camera the eyebrow pencil before she lightly filled in her eyebrows in the sparse places.

"since i did apply concealer, i'll just swipe a bit of powder over my face to set it in place." elsie grabbed a brush and lightly brushed her face with the powder before she moved on to the next step.

"since i'm going for more of a natural look, i'll grab a tinted chapstick and lightly run it over my lips before i dab it in."

as elsie applied the chapstick, the door opened and austin's head popped in.

"hey, i brought you a chicken sandwich from the restaurant down the street. i also got you a lemonade." he informed her, not noticing the camera recording their interaction.

"thanks, i'll go and eat it once i'm done filming." she told him before he glanced towards the camera.

"i completely forgot you were doing that today." he chuckled as he stepped into the bathroom. "what are you filming exactly?" he asked as he looked over at her.

"i'm showing them my skincare and makeup routine. i told you last night when we were watching grown ups." she told him with disbelief.

"your makeup looks good." he complimented her as he smiled at her.

"there's hardly anything on my face." she told him with a pointed look.

"you look good just like that." he told her before looking back at the camera.

"sorry for interrupting, i'll go now." he told them before turning back to elsie.

"your food will be on the table and then we can go and visit the zoo." he told her before leaving the bathroom.

elsie smiled before looking back at the camera. "finally, i'll just put some eyebrow gel to keep my brows in place."

she applied the gel on her eyebrows before looking at her makeup in the mirror. "now i'll just take my hair down and just spray a little bit of my leave in conditioner on the ends and this is my day off makeup and hair routine. i hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoyed watching my routine. bye." elsie blew a kiss to the camera before she stopped recording.

BELLA'S CORNER

i just had to include the vogue beauty secrets in this book 🤭

let's just say there might be edits of austin and elsie in the video coming soon 👀