fourty-nine

fourty-nine, confessions of the heart

elsie gently strummed the strings of her guitar as austin made the two tea.

the actress hadn't showed austin any of the songs on her album and she was too nervous to.

she had wrote a few about him and she didn't know how he would react.

"sounds good baby." austin commented as he walked into the bedroom with two mugs filled with tea in his hand.

"i was just playing random chords, babe." elsie remarked as she watched her boyfriend sit in front of her.

"doesn't mean it wasn't good." he stated pointedly as he held out the mug for her to take.

"thank you." elsie muttered as she brought the mug to her lips and took a sip from it.

"you're welcome." austin smiled at her as he too took a sip from his mug.

"but i would love to hear you sing one of your songs someday." austin told her causing her to stop drinking her tea and glance up at him.

"really?" elsie asked nervously as she placed her mug on the nightstand.

"of course. i want to hear what my girlfriend has been working on these last few weeks." he told her with a kind smile.

"maybe i could sing you one of my songs." elsie muttered causing austin to set his mug down and look back at his girlfriend.

"i'm ready when you are." he told her causing a smile to appear on her face.

"okay." elsie smiled before she began to strum the strings to the tune of her song.

"we could leave the christmas lights up until january." elsie sang.

"this is our place, we make the rules.

and there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear.

have i known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

can i go where you go? can we always be this close forever and ever?

and ah, take me out, and take me home.

you're my, my, my, my .... lover.

we could let our friends crash in the living room.

this is our place, we make the call

and i'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you.

i've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all.

can i go where you go? can we always be this close forever and ever?

and ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever).

you're my, my, my, my .... lover.

ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?

with every guitar string scar on my hand, i take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover.

my heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue, all's well that ends well to end up with you.

swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover.

and you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me.

and at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover.

can i go where you go? can we always be this close forever and ever?

and ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)

you're my, my, my, my ....

oh, you're my, my, my, my ....